Our valued sponsor

Wyoming or Delaware for non US citizen and non-resident?

deraty

Oct 4, 2022
Turkey
Visit site
Do you advise Wyoming or Delaware company? I will also have Mercury account. Which is cheaper to form and has lower yearly renewal fee? And are there any tax concerns? Lastly, I saw that Alabama is very cheap but I guess there is tax and not similar to Wyoming or Delaware? Do you advise me LLC type?

Thank you sols. Is New Mexico like Delaware and Wyoming and about tax issue is similar? And non resident non citizen friendly.

I liked new Mexico. I looked at the below list. I guess it can benefit people as a compilation.

Alabama is good too like New Mexico with no yearly renewal fee. But my concern is are these like Delaware company?

You asked why I am incorporating. I am doing because I will purchase 2 houses.

Thank you!...

First of all, you form a "tax-transparent LLC". You only incorporate corporations - which have to pay corporate income tax in the US.

Most of those articles are US-centric. For Americans, it usually doesn't make sense to form a company in a different state than where someone is living.

Here's an article that is geared towards non-residents:

There are a couple of other interesting articles on that page, too.

I still think it's probably best to just form the company in Delaware because it has the best reputation. But it probably doesn't matter much.

Delaware would work well for you and your situation. However, I don't see why Wyoming should be not worth to look into. Just my opinion.

Reactions: deraty
In Delaware you need to pay $300 yearly franchise tax and there are no statemets to be filled as a foreigner doing business outside of the US
In Wyoming you need to fill annual declaration with the assets held by the company and pay 60$, apart from that no costs
Government fee to form a company is 90 USD in Delaware and 100 USD in Wyoming
Both don't disclose the owner in the online register
Delaware has a bit better reputation but it doesn't matter much, I would choose Wyoming for lower costs

Great - thanks!...

I am applying the business.

1. Are there any tasks I need to do in New Mexico? Like annually submitting files there and there? If I choose free package of incfile.com, will I lose something and is it risky? Are there things to do?

2. I will find other sources like fiverr.com for operating agreement and EIN. Do I need to apply operating agreement and EIN with registered agents involvement - or can I do that directly to New Mexico government site? What is the link?

I guess I will choose the silver package. More easier. 250USD one time payment.

I can not edit. Sorry. I will choose gold package. Mistyped.

Last edited:
I would choose the cheapest package from Incfile or Northwest Registered Agent.
Then use an accountant/service provider for all the annual paperwork. It shouldn't cost more than $500 per year max.

In Delaware you need to pay $300 yearly franchise tax and there are no statemets to be filled as a foreigner doing business outside of the US
In Wyoming you need to fill annual declaration with the assets held by the company and pay 60$, apart from that no costs
Government fee to form a company is 90 USD in Delaware and 100 USD in Wyoming
Both don't disclose the owner in the online register
Delaware has a bit better reputation but it doesn't matter much, I would choose Wyoming for lower costs
Isn't registry of UBO in the making?