Our valued sponsor

Xapo bank?

When I registered with them they didn't required 10K deposit.

I have account with them 5 months ago, they are crypto friendly and provide excellent service, no fee on swift transfer, no fx markup on card, you can deposit USDC through ERC20. Everything going smooth.
I am applying ty I need to wait to get my tax ID so they report me to Paraguay where I live and not to my country.

I'm not worried about their deposit protection, I just don't know if they are still able to send/receive SWIFT payments in USD, and if they can, I'd like to know what bank opened a correspondent account for them and what are current terms/limits (for example they can say 100k is minimum for SWIFT once you paid $150 for their account)

So this bank can be used to send GBP to Interactive Brokers? (Funded with USDC). How much premium do they charge when exchanging USD to GBP when it comes to outgoing SWIFT payments? 1% or more?
Or they are very strict on source of funds when you send your USDC there (don't accept OTC contracts)?
Technically there may be another funding option, in terms of source of funds issues - to the debit card from p2p exchanger via Visa Direct/Mastercard Moneysend (if their card is really debit one and not prepaid)

Last edited:
Reactions: vehzag
So this bank can be used to send GBP to Interactive Brokers? (Funded with USDC). How much premium do they charge when exchanging USD to GBP when it comes to outgoing SWIFT payments? 1% or more?
Or they are very strict on source of funds when you send your USDC there (don't accept OTC contracts)?
Technically there may be another funding option, in terms of source of funds issues - to the debit card from p2p exchanger via Visa Direct/Mastercard Moneysend (if their card is really debit one and not prepaid)
There is no SWIFT option currently, and they use mid rate in GBP<->USD

Reactions: meze99
Does anyone know what correspondent banks they use know? (RIP Silvergate)
Are they still safe to keep under $100k there?
They are working to enable a new correspondent bank.
Xapo only support withdraw and deposit GBP over Faster Payment System and EUR over SEPA. The fx markup USD to GBP or USD to EUR is near to 0.11%.

Visa Direct/Mastercard Moneysend is not supported in their card as funding method.

They are working to enable a new correspondent bank.

Xapo only support withdraw and deposit GBP over Faster Payment System and EUR over SEPA. The fx markup USD to GBP or USD to EUR is near to 0.11%.

Visa Direct/Mastercard Moneysend is not supported in their card as funding method.
It seems they found a US correspondent bank, maybe indirectly somehow.
They write "We're thrilled to announce that you can send and receive US Dollars quickly and efficiently via FedACH and Fedwire, thanks to our collaboration with Bridge.xyz and Circle.

Now, you can make US Dollar transfers smoothly and without interruption, along with competitive and transparent fees that make your transactions hassle-free."

When selecting Receive USD, they show "Lead Bank, Main St, Kansas City."

Latest Threads