Our valued sponsor

YouTube, Hong Kong company and the US tax information exchange agreement

MaxFS

Mar 2, 2022
Russia
Visit site
Hi!
i have a company in HK and one of my source of income is YouTube.
I know it's not convenient to have YT AdSense in HK because HK and The US don't have tax treaty, but for me (for now) it's more or less okay.
i've figured that HK jurisdiction and neobanks don't like crypto and other payment methods i prefer, so i am thinking about to join one of YouTube MCN.

As far as i understand MCN doesn't care what channel you have (corporate or personal Adsense), but the ecosystem of MCN allows to withdraw money in multiple ways (crypto, bank cards, etc). At first glance looks like simple EMI but only for Youtube income.
So the point is: I plan to use this Youtube MCN to send money to my personal bank account and for pay outs in crypto. As you understand i don't want to bookkeep this money in HK (i am gonna declare this income in my country). Main reason - to make everything simplier.

I assume it would work, because i have not heard that Adsense exchanges infromation with Local Tax services, but since 2021 YT publishers have to send Tax information to IRS (US Tax service) - form W-8BEN-E.
And I've read that the US and HK have "Agreement for the exchange of information relating to taxes", so now i have doubts.
Do you have experience in this field? Is it danger to use such scheme? Thank you!