Our valued sponsor

1000gb+ of hacked emails from major Russian companies, banks, ministries, leaked online

Silvio

Pro Member
Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
The warning of @Martin Everson comes to mind, don't use any bank\EMI\service that is in any way connected to Russia if you don't want trouble...
Quite ironic when you think about it, a country that is infamous for hackers and carders getting humiliated like that.

"Russia is known for its army of hackers, but since the start of its invasion of Ukraine, dozens of Russian organizations — including government agencies, oil and gas companies, and financial institutions — have been hacked, with terabytes of stolen data leaked onto the internet.

Distributed Denial of Secrets, the transparency collective that’s best known for its 2020 release of 270 gigabytes of U.S. law enforcement data (in the midst of racial justice protests following the murder of George Floyd), has become the de facto home of the hacked datasets from Russia. The datasets are submitted to DDoSecrets mostly by anonymous hackers, and those datasets are then made available to the public on the collective’s website and distributed using BitTorrent. (I am an adviser to DDoSecrets)."

Includes:
817gb from Roskomnadzor, agency that monitors and censors mass media (!) 79gb from Transneft, world's largest oil pipline company, state-controlled 15gb from Rosatom, the state nuclear energy agency and major exported of uranium 2.4gb from RostProekt, a construction company
110gb from MashOil, manufacturer for drilling, mining, and fracking industries 22gb from the Central Bank of Russia 5.9gb from Thoriz Corp, investment firm owned by an oligarch billionaire 52gb from Marathon Group, another investment first owned by another oligarch
786gb from VGTRK, state-owned broadcaster that runs dozens of TV/radio stations (!) 244gb from Petrofort
And a lot more.

That is one of the blind spots for totalitarian regimes. They become so reliant on taking advantage of the complacency of free countries that they forget that those country's survival instincts will kick into overdrive when threatened by an aggressor. Then the tables are turned and it becomes a great surprise to such evil regimes, much like a criminal who is surprised by the savage ferocity of a mother who protects a child.

Russia will experience many more such revelations before its war of aggression concludes. Just like people, nations cannot predict the consequences of unknown unknowns.

Let’s see if there is anything interesting in the stolen data.
You miss the point. Anyone in Russia who does have "interesting" data is now in fear. Or they should be.

Fear of what? Of having a megayacht well maintained for free for a few years courtesy of some smart government?
Fear of data exposure. Corruption in Russia is endemic. But if they get prosecuted and jailed for breaking anti-corruption laws in other countries, the condition of their yachts will be the least of their worries.

You never seem to see the big picture.

That’s about a couple of TB, less than what I have in my own disk. To call this a “lost war” is a bit of a stretch.
Let’s see if there is anything interesting in the stolen data.
A couple of TBs of documents is a LOT of data. If it were videos/pictures etc, then it would be different. There's so much text that can go in one terabyte. I haven't looked at the data though.

Reactions: KDX

If anything like the last similar site, they then go after the users.
Oh s**t!!! Raidsforums was seized???

What a mess. Same as Panama papers just even worse.
What was the outcome of Panama papers? Nothing at all for politicians and billionaires, troubles for normal business people and the destruction of the entire offshore financial industry.
If this leakage has any consequences, again only normal people will suffer. But hey! that’s for the good of Ukraine so it doesn’t matter :oops:

If this leakage has any consequences, again only normal people will suffer. But hey! that’s for the good of Ukraine so it doesn’t matter :oops:
very true, I can't agree more with you.

I guess there are no .txt files but pdfs, which can easily amount to hundreds of gbs in any private computer (like mine - I don’t store movies).
hackers generally store e-mails dumps in csv files or txt not pdfs . i don't purpose your habits in particular but to point out that media type vary greatly in the amount of disk consumed .

the article state the data has been compressed

Reactions: KDX

Latest Threads