Our valued sponsor

A new leak! Massive Hack Strikes Offshore Cayman National Bank and Trust.

Crazy I tell you....lol........just looking at the spreadsheet however ns2

Oh I see Rory Mcilroy the golfer listed on there? Nice $2m call account smi(&%

P.S No accusations of any wrong doing btw. I don't think Cayman National was that type of bank or at least recently it was not.

Cayman National Bank response. Seems only IOM Branch was affected.

Still not sure what the point of hacking a CRS signatory countries bank is. The clients will already all be in tax compliance as tax info is exchanged....bizarre.

Anyone notice $4.2m of Walpay Limited account belonging to Sebastien Limat? Seems Walpay was once a crypto associated payment company. For a company that's no longer around it seems to have a healthy balance ns2.

The 2020 numbered accounts are cryptowallets with Stablecoins

Or just a Bank Frick numbered account will do. Stablecoin fraud is very real :(.

Reactions: Spondula
Numbered accounts just offer privacy in terms of what's on your bank statement and possibly a tiny increase in privacy for other day to day activities. Your name isn't plastered over everything.

But unlike numbered accounts of old, the bank now has clear records of who owns the account and can comply with CRS and other information exchange mechanics.

Reactions: Martin Everson

Yes they do report under CRS its not anonymous

The numbered account just means your account data is handled mostly in paper form by your relationship manager. Your name and personal identifying details are held on a private paper file rather than on computer but everything else is on computer. They just simply enter an alias for you on the computer system if that makes sense. So my account would be labelled "MBS" rather than "Martin Everson" on the computer systems ;). It is a bit more expensive but protects your privacy against data leaks as very few people (1-2) in the bank will have access to the paper files. Plus if a data leak happened then the public would only see "MBS" and they should not know who that is right? ca#"!.

Reactions: Spondula
Stablecoin fraud is very real
My next question is because I have amassed an ungodly amount of stablecoins in several non-custodial wallets in the last few years, especially the last +18 months.

What do you mean by "stablecoin fraud is very real"? What or where am I exposed to fraud?

Thanks

1693927449608.png

:rolleyes:

Search in PACER or similar “Deltec” :(
Just finished reading PACER. Damnnnn.... This was a honeypot of Deltec at Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation.

OK! Got it! Lesson learned. No trusted third parties ever.

Now, in my case, when I say me personally, I mean creating a USDt address on a non-custodial wallet e.g. Exodus, and having my client pay at that address. Only my client knows that address and he doesn't really know if that address belongs to me. I could just as easily given him the address of a supplier that a supplier in China gave me which I have done in the past. Assuming that the address given to me is my supplier's address and not of his supplier etc. :rolleyes:

How am I here, with my newly created USDt address subject or exposed to fraud? :rolleyes:

PS. I'm asking this to learn before I have to learn this tragedy by pissing on the proverbial electric fence myself cry&¤

Reactions: Cavaliere
Just finished reading PACER. Damnnnn.... This was a honeypot of Deltec at Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation.

OK! Got it! Lesson learned. No trusted third parties ever.
The case goes beyond what you read and it involves FTX etc. But I can’t say more lin%%&
Now, in my case, when I say me personally, I mean creating a USDt address on a non-custodial wallet e.g. Exodus, and having my client pay at that address. Only my client knows that address and he doesn't really know if that address belongs to me. I could just as easily given him the address of a supplier that a supplier in China gave me which I have done in the past. Assuming that the address given to me is my supplier's address and not of his supplier etc. :rolleyes:

How am I here, with my newly created USDt address subject or exposed to fraud? :rolleyes:

PS. I'm asking this to learn before I have to learn this tragedy by pissing on the proverbial electric fence myself cry&¤
Nobody will steal your USDT, but you might wake up one day and find that they are worth zero. Nil. Nada. You are essentially trusting an obscure galaxy of offshore companies and a Banana bank operating from a bungalow (plus their recently acquired other offices). Better to convert everything into btc and use stablecoins only when needed.

Latest Threads