Our valued sponsor

Question A payment from Russia to EU, what are my options?

Sean Restling

Apr 11, 2019
Visit site
It wouldn't be big money, a few hundred euros at most, destination would be Italy, I used to have ad AdvCash account but never bothered to use it so not even sure it's still active, I'm using Bankera but they say payments from Russia are restricted, I'm guessing Wise Revolut and similar will say the same. Thanks.

Is it a transfer between private persons?
If yes, maybe Paysera can help you.

They state in their blog:
Transactions to Russian and Belarusian banks will not be executed if the recipient of funds is a business account (transactions between private individuals will not be restricted but will get checked more thoroughly and supporting documents might be needed). Paysera keeps the right to apply exceptions to some transfers to Russian banks.

Is it a transfer between private persons?
If yes, maybe Paysera can help you.

They state in their blog:

This is a very important information that can be interesting for many people, I believe. (I was under the impression that all the EU financial institutions generally freezed payment operations with Russia, except for some payments as for gas, oil, medicals etc.; and I did not checked for anything special, as I did not needed to perform any such payment.) Thanks for sharing; and thumbs up for Paysera.

P.S.
1) I wondered whether it is valid only for Paysera or even more of Lithuanian EMIs behaves in this way. I checked webpages of Bankera, Pervesk and Zen and they claim just the opposite: restricting Russians totally. If someone oriented (@Gediminas?) can say more, I will appreciate.
2) After careful reading of Paysera's statement referenced, I found that it, unfortunately, did not solve @Sean Restling's situation: Transfers to (private persons) bank accounts in Russia are preformed, but transfers from (any) bank accounts in Russia are not performed (next paragraph to the one that @Marie Manila quoted). I wonder about the background...

Last edited:

Latest Threads