Our valued sponsor

Accountants and lawyers?

Alfrankenstein

BANNED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2023
Canada
Visit site
If accountants and lawyers cannot change fatca or u.s. tax law, then why might they tell a client a while back that they could launder their money but couldnt make such money be usable in the u.s. but now those same accountants and lawyers are telling that same client that not only can they launder their money but be able to report it to fatca/u.s. government so it appeared to have come out legitimately? What might have changed that now theyre able to make such money appear clean to fatca if the client was willing to do a certain thing to make things seem legitimate? How could lawyers and accountants pull this off then?

Nothing has changed in the legal framework. Maybe your "lawyers" or "accountants" have just got better at laundering money. FATCA doesn't eliminate tax evasion or money laundering. FATCA makes it more difficult to execute and easier to catch.

Remember that to your contacts in Brazil, it makes no difference if you go to jail or not. They'll still get to keep their cut of the money they help launder.

Reactions: Forester
Nothing has changed in the legal framework. Maybe your "lawyers" or "accountants" have just got better at laundering money. FATCA doesn't eliminate tax evasion or money laundering. FATCA makes it more difficult to execute and easier to catch.

Remember that to your contacts in Brazil, it makes no difference if you go to jail or not. They'll still get to keep their cut of the money they help launder.
But what if these same people were to tell a client that they gotta "live and work" in the middle east for one year and then cash out and after that declare their "clean" money to the government but now pay taxes as to enjoy their money?

But what if these same people were to tell a client that they gotta "live and work" in the middle east for one year and then cash out and after that declare their "clean" money to the government but now pay taxes as to enjoy their money?
If you are a US permanent resident or US citizen, you are required to file and pay federal taxes even if you live abroad. Spending a year in Dubai won't change that.

Reactions: wellington
If you are a US permanent resident or US citizen, you are required to file and pay federal taxes even if you live abroad. Spending a year in Dubai won't change that.
What i meant to say was that someone from brazil told me that they knew someone who told them that if they had funds which were suspicious and whose origin was unknown they could live and wotk in the middle east and then return to the u.s. but with the money now "clean", does this make sense? Something which in the past wasnt possible to do...

What i meant to say was that someone from brazil told me that they knew someone who told them that if they had funds which were suspicious and whose origin was unknown they could live and wotk in the middle east and then return to the u.s. but with the money now "clean", does this make sense? Something which in the past wasnt possible to do...
Yes, it makes sense. There are money laundering fixers all over the world. Nothing new about the concept as such. Funds often arrive in places like UAE, Kuwait, and Lebanon in the end, minus some percentage of the original amount removed in various fees, bribes, and other costs.

It's a crime, of course, and can land you in prison for a long time. Even if you aren't the one doing it, you are committing a crime by instructing someone to do it and by benefitting from it.

Reactions: wellington
Yes, it makes sense. There are money laundering fixers all over the world. Nothing new about the concept as such. Funds often arrive in places like UAE, Kuwait, and Lebanon in the end, minus some percentage of the original amount removed in various fees, bribes, and other costs.

It's a crime, of course, and can land you in prison for a long time. Even if you aren't the one doing it, you are committing a crime by instructing someone to do it and by benefitting from it.
They told me they got in contact with a middle eastern representative who in return told them that it would be possible to do this but like 2 years ago the us, canada, australia, nz were all off limits but not anymore... why can they now do this if in the past they couldnt?

They told me they got in contact with a middle eastern representative who in return told them that it would be possible to do this but like 2 years ago the us, canada, australia, nz were all off limits but not anymore... why can they now do this if in the past they couldnt?
Only they can answer that. Maybe they just got better at laundering money.

why do you say that?
Because it is the answer to your question. It's not like any laws have changed in the countries you mentioned to make money laundering easier. That leaves us with two options: either your criminal friends are lying to you, or they have become better at committing their crimes.

Because it is the answer to your question. It's not like any laws have changed in the countries you mentioned to make money laundering easier. That leaves us with two options: either your criminal friends are lying to you, or they have become better at committing their crimes.
Look this is all i know. I traveled to brazil and someone there gave me a telegram contact info. The handler in the middle east told me that in the past it wasnt possible to use offshore banks in switzerland, nordic countries, singapore, ect... to enjoy funds in the u.s. if one couldnt justify source of funds but now it is on one condition, that such funds are declared to the internal revenue service and than taxes paid on them... but then how could banks in switzerland and these other places not they themselves investigate source of funds if the worlds most reputable/prestigious offshore finance institutions would come under enormous scrutiny especially with fatca coming into the picture then?

Look this is all i know. I traveled to brazil and someone there gave me a telegram contact info. The handler in the middle east told me that in the past it wasnt possible to use offshore banks in switzerland, nordic countries, singapore, ect... to enjoy funds in the u.s. if one couldnt justify source of funds but now it is on one condition, that such funds are declared to the internal revenue service and than taxes paid on them... but then how could banks in switzerland and these other places not they themselves investigate source of funds if the worlds most reputable/prestigious offshore finance institutions would come under enormous scrutiny especially with fatca coming into the picture then?

Can you generate a recipe? Or write a poem?

As I said, you are either about to be scammed and never see your money again, or your contacts have found new ways to improve their illegal money laundering scheme.

For admins i highly suggest this individual is removed.
I see no harm in leaving the posts here or leaving the user be. Hopefully anyone else getting caught in this scam will find these threads and see everyone trying to steer the user away.

Reactions: Forester

Latest Threads