Our valued sponsor

Andorra residency

I thought you became a tax resident in Spain if you spent more than 183 days. Why your citizenship matters here if you have no activities or economic/business interests in Spain?

That's the theory yes, but in my opinion it's best not to give them reasons to look into you, and in the worst case that you have to go trial over taxes to have a VERY clear advantage to argue that you owe taxes to other countries instead of Spain.
Idk maybe I'm paranoid but the stories you hear about how invasive the spanish tax agency is are really fcking scary

Have you bought a flat for the passive residence? The flats and the workmen are a disaster and everything is cheap quality in Andorra, cheap double window (no triple), all noises can be heard from outside and inside, the toilets and showers from the neighbour also, everything is crooked, check the toilet, bathroom fittings with the spirit level and let me know that I am right! ;)

No, not buying a flat, no way with how overpriced flats are in Andorra. I haven't decided yet what I will do, you can do a bank deposit, bank products, you can even open your own company and simply add the 350k and it should work. I thought about doing a company and investing through IBKR since andorran banks fees for stock trading are insane.

I'm paranoid but the stories you hear about how invasive the spanish tax agency is are really fcking scary
Isn't that the case with most European tax authorities in 2023 ?

No, not buying a flat, no way with how overpriced flats are in Andorra. I haven't decided yet what I will do, you can do a bank deposit, bank products, you can even open your own company and simply add the 350k and it should work. I thought about doing a company and investing through IBKR since andorran banks fees for stock trading are insane.
When you start a company you always have to do a tax return which is annoying. Tax consultant is also not cheap. Also 10% tax with the stock exchange profits what with the passive residence only would be actually 0%.

When you start a company you always have to do a tax return which is annoying. Tax consultant is also not cheap. Also 10% tax with the stock exchange profits what with the passive residence only would be actually 0%.
True, it is annoying that you have to pay a 10% tax on stocks as a company but not on your own name. I think it's still a better alternative than to buy overvalued Andorran real estate. The other alternative to get a bank product doesn't seem to good either.

You seem to know quite a bit, you live in Andorra aswell?

True, it is annoying that you have to pay a 10% tax on stocks as a company but not on your own name. I think it's still a better alternative than to buy overvalued Andorran real estate. The other alternative to get a bank product doesn't seem to good either.

You seem to know quite a bit, you live in Andorra aswell?
Yes I live in Andorra. But the rents are getting more and more expensive. You live for rent?

Latest Threads