Our valued sponsor

Any business banks / EMIs for Ukrainians?

inector

Member Plus
May 6, 2021
Russia
Visit site
Really lacking good choices for banks / EMIs that accept purely Ukrainian / Russian citizens (with businesses abroad). No residency anywhere.

Some choices are:
Jusan Bank
Collect & Pay (EMI, just shady)
Paysera

There is gotta be more...

Really lacking good choices for banks / EMIs that accept purely Ukrainian / Russian citizens
I don't understand what you mean exactly. Russians are being shut out of many financial markets. Ukrainians aren't.

Generally speaking, Ukrainian nationals are not viewed drastically differently from before the war. Some view them more favorably, while some view them as slightly higher risk but still broadly accepted.

Ukrainians resident in Ukraine may struggle somewhat if they are in occupied territories, as those are subject to some sanctions.

No residency anywhere.
No residency = no banking.

Ukrainians are welcome with open arms with practically every Lithuanian EMI, and many other EMIs in EU/EEA. I believe some even offer discounted rates for Ukrainians.

My main emphasis was Russian citizens.

Russian residency is the problem not Russian citizenship when it comes to business account. The only issue you will find with Russian citizenship is when doing crossborder business where banks and EMI may not have that risk appetite. But a Russian guy living in a country i.e UK and opening a business account in UK and doing non-related Russian business should be fine but may still be considered high risk - i.e extra due diligence required on transactions.

Really lacking good choices for banks / EMIs that accept purely Ukrainian / Russian citizens (with businesses abroad). No residency anywhere.

Some choices are:
Jusan Bank
Collect & Pay (EMI, just shady)
Paysera

Opened an account for Ukrainian client last month in Payset and Clear Junction. - no issues at all, was more than welcome
for Russians there isnt a single EU/UK licensed EMI that will agree to open an account.
Try banks in Serbia or Turkey, they are more Russia friendly

Reactions: Marshal and inector
Try banks in Serbia or Turkey, they are more Russia friendly
Regarding personal banking at B&M banks, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam also possible in my limited experience. Cambodia was the easiest, most approachable, and flexible in my experience last year 2023Q1, but it's still Cambodia. Vietnam practically only good for domestic use, it seems.

Posted without checking.

My main emphasis was Russian citizens.
Why add Ukrainians if you are mainly interested in Russians? Everyone know by now that Russians are not welcome in the EU with exception of those who hold residence permits. Ukrainians on the contrary are accepted virtually everywhere in the EU/EEA.