Our valued sponsor

Banking for BVI

Roo

Jan 29, 2024
Gold Coast
Visit site
Hi,

A few incorporation agents recommended BVI to me and said it's easy to bank which I have some doubts about. Are there any decent banking options, preferably EMIs? I would need one to support AUD preferably and no crazy FX fees.

Is substance/accounting and yearly paperwork needed for software development over there? They mentioned very simple nearly no reporting necessary.

Banking for BVI companies is nowadays – suprisingly – not as horrible as it was some time ago. Try to search here at forums, at this moment I recall (as possible options) HK EMIs – Statrys, Airwallex and probably Currenxie, too. (All support AUD.) Zen is worth trying, too.

Reactions: ilke
Gentlemen, there are some economic substance requirements imposed by BVI. "Directed and managed in BVI", "income-generating activities in BVI", "adequate spending" etc. So, not your typical nominee director, but rather something north to $50K/year I would say.

As far as I understand those apply only to some designated activities: insurance, banking, headquarters, holding, intellectual property and some more. Then I believe "software development" usually involves intellectual property so some heavy economic substance is required, isn't it?

Gentlemen, there are some economic substance requirements imposed by BVI. "Directed and managed in BVI", "income-generating activities in BVI", "adequate spending" etc. So, not your typical nominee director, but rather something north to $50K/year I would say.

As far as I understand those apply only to some designated activities: insurance, banking, headquarters, holding, intellectual property and some more. Then I believe "software development" usually involves intellectual property so some heavy economic substance is required, isn't it?
All incorporation agents said that software development doesn't fall under substance requirements. Since it's developed for clients it's not my intellectual property. Am I and the agents wrong ?

All incorporation agents said that software development doesn't fall under substance requirements. Since it's developed for clients it's not my intellectual property. Am I and the agents wrong ?
If you do contact work for unrelated parties, you are fine. If you develop software for your BVI company and licence it, you will need economic substance. If you do contract work for another company owned by you or your husband, you will also need economic substance.

Reactions: Meta and Forester
many EMIs will accept BVI as long as the business activity is legit.
Can recommend Payset and Zen they both support AUD
What are these many EMI's the one listed in the thread are the one listed most no other?

Latest Threads