Our valued sponsor

Basic Privacy Needed w/Solid Banking Options

if you are trying to avoid reporting to the US bank account will be a major pain due to FATCA. If you don't mind then you might as well open a US account.

If you require maximum confidentiality go for a lawyer ... if not roll your own. (DIY). It is no more difficult than setting up a delaware company.
Yep that's about it. The risk for an offshore bank is too great to accept a US client (and accepting US Dollar) as they can easily lose their license over it.

I'm not trying to hide my info from the gov't at all, only public registry. If the bank and the gov't know it's no big deal.

So open a Canadian LP then the LP is a pass-through. Who is best for pass-through? IBCs and keep it 0% tax and will a Canadian bank be ok with those jurisdictions and can you open a bank for a Canadian LP if you aren't a resident and which banks will do so?
Do a Canadian LP/LLP and open a US bank account due to the fact that your client is US based.

As a US citizen you should find opening a US bank account for the firm very easy, and you have a totally valid reason as to why you want a US bank account given US client. Have an answer ready to explain why you have chosen Canada, and not a US company registration it probably will be asked.

Artemis do you know any banks in the US that open for Canadian LPs with non-residents?
In your particular case I believe there is no US bank that caters to small business that will refuse you (based on what you have shared here, they might refuse you for what you have not shared here though).

For the rest of us the best bets tend to be Canadian banks in the US ... BMO Harris maybe best bet.

Latest Threads