Our valued sponsor

Belgium resident + Micro SRL in Romania

No, because when you receive the payment is pretty much irrelevant. The invoice would have to show that it was for work carried out during that month and it would have to be believable (i.e. not 6x your regular rate).
Just forget about having a business in another EU country legally and “cheap” to save taxes while living in Belgium. It doesn’t work.
You can either go fully illegal (register the business in someone else’s name, set up a company in an offshore country and hope they won’t find out, etc.), or you will have to build economic substance (more expensive) .

Three options:
1) Live in Belgium, cheap solution (offshore, nominee shareholder etc.) = illegal
2) Live in Belgium, expensive solution = economic substance
3) Not live in Belgium, cheap solution = move

That’s it, basically. I’m sure someone could make a nice diagram from that.
Unless of course there are some loopholes in the Belgian tax code etc., but I strongly doubt that. And I also doubt that anyone would believe your story that you only work for the company for a day per month from the Netherlands. They are not stupid.

If you set up an EU company, you will still have to pay the Belgian taxes like with any other country, but the risk of you getting caught is much higher than with a company somewhere else. And you would still have to pay the Romanian taxes. So if you want to break the law anyway, it’s not a smart solution.
If you want to move to Romania next year, maybe it could be an option. So that by the time they find out, you already live in Romania. Then it’s not very likely they’ll go after you, as you don’t even live in Belgium anymore anyway.
But if you want to stay in Belgium, just don’t do it.
For the details, you’ll want to find a good tax lawyer or accountant in Belgium who can tell you what the consequences can be (could be that secret Seychelles company = jail, secret Romanian company = fine, but I don’t know).

Actually, that brought me an idea:

What if I don't receive a payment from my customer on a monthly basis, but on a half a year basis (my customer is flexible about that).
I go for a month to Romania, I do the work from there for that customer and receive the payment for the whole half a year in the Romanian company.

Would that make sense?

Absolutely not. Forget these trial-error-games. Laws haven't changed since my last post ;)

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
Have a look into the Virtual Zone Georgia. As an IT and software company you benefit from zero CIT, an existing DTA with Belgium and low costs to establish real substance there.

Theoretically true, but be honest: Who wants to stay in Georgia with REAL structure >183 days/year in the middle of nowhere with russian tanks and upcoming CRS around the corner? ;)

Spend more time growing your business than trying to dodge taxes. Your competitors are right behind you, not wasting time on things like this.

Your options have been described to you. Anything you do that isn't compliant with the law puts you at risk of fines and jail time. How big that risk is hard to estimate. You might be able to get away with it for a while due to lack of enforcement and not being a high priority. Or maybe not.

Reactions: Moulaga
Spend more time growing your business than trying to dodge taxes. Your competitors are right behind you, not wasting time on things like this.

Your options have been described to you. Anything you do that isn't compliant with the law puts you at risk of fines and jail time. How big that risk is hard to estimate. You might be able to get away with it for a while due to lack of enforcement and not being a high priority. Or maybe not.

I am trying to spend on both :)

indeed, everything is clear now

Thanks, everyone!

Latest Threads