Our valued sponsor

Best country as a an employee

saityro

Aug 1, 2021
France
Visit site
Hello all!
I'm probably getting an offer through remote.com to become an employee for a company that's full remote. They give me the option to have the same gross salary in any country thats +-4 hours to London.

I've checked some countries with low taxes:
- UAE (but not available in remote.com)
- Romania (but i'm confused about the huge Social Taxes and low taxes)
- Estonia (Low taxes, low paperwork)
- France (Employer costs are crazily expensive, but gross to net is not that bad)
- Switzerland (Maybe living near the Italian border so i can buy cheap food)
- Cyprus (Nice weather, not huge taxes, maybe a nice non-resident combination?)

Do you have other options in mind?

I'm a perpetual traveler, so I don't care about living 6 months in one place and then moving around. If there is a combination of countries (lets say being not resident in the country where they pay me thought remote.com, and being resident in a country like Cyprus where I'm not being taxed for that foreign income) i would love to go that way!

Also, sunny places, friendly people and nature are welcome

Thanks for your ideas

Reactions: SoNewToAllShit
Even better would be to live in Italy near the Swiss border as you will get taxed at low Swiss rates and low italian cost of living. Best deal.
But if I rent a house in italy I wont be taxed in italy instead?
I was checking also the italian tax break. Getting that 90% of tax break for some years would be nice also, i love it as a country

But if I rent a house in italy I wont be taxed in italy instead?
Apparrently if you reside in a place under 20km from the Swiss border you can live in italy while enjoying Swiss salary. You have to check this to be sure, i was told about that loophole but don't know exactly how this would work.

Getting that 90% of tax break for some years would be nice also, i love it as a country
This could be even a better deal

I keep checking Cyprus in case i could be exempt from taxes for some time, but considering that remote.com would be paying me from a Cyprus company I guess no way to be exempt from taxes.

The italian tax break im completely unable to find where to apply

Bulgaria seems like a nice option also as an employee

I keep checking Cyprus in case i could be exempt from taxes for some time, but considering that remote.com would be paying me from a Cyprus company I guess no way to be exempt from taxes.

The italian tax break im completely unable to find where to apply

Bulgaria seems like a nice option also as an employee
Happy to discuss more if you would like to PM me.

I need some more information on the whole structure to be able to advise properly

Happy to discuss more if you would like to PM me.

I need some more information on the whole structure to be able to advise properly
Hello! Im not sure if i can PM yet :(

Some key details that may help: im resident of another european country. The company has the hq in uk, and im a digital nomad so im planing to keep moving from country to country.

The company uses remote.com so they can use the remote.com branch in Cyprus (or other country) to employ me.

So im the case of cyprus either i tell them to use the cyprus version of remote.com and then i go live there some months a year, or i tell them to use other low social security country as remote.com branch (denmark, stonia, Bulgaria...) and i go live in cyprus as a tax resident getting income from abroad.

Not sure if those options make sense

Latest Threads