Our valued sponsor

Best country for a crypto hermit?

Kinda sounds like they are asking to be axed and be forcibly reunited to south cyprus. I doubt the international community will tolerate nigerian scammers in north cyprus much longer. And since it's only turkey and maybe qatar supporting it...
well i hope they will be gone soon. Not good for the locals, prices raise for everything because of them.

North Cyrpus safe :D .

yeah the people who lost their fortune and houses will surely confirm it
haha agreed. But no Criminal activity on the streets.

Kinda sounds like they are asking to be axed and be forcibly reunited to south cyprus. I doubt the international community will tolerate nigerian scammers in north cyprus much longer. And since it's only turkey and maybe qatar supporting it...
Who is "the international community"? That is CNN language and nobody can define this obscure "community" which seems quite ambivalent.

There was a UN sponsored popular vote regarding reunification a couple of years ago which was held in all of Cyprus (North & South) which did not win over a majority of voters.

Regarding the other stuff: Look at Transnistria, Abkhasia, Peoples Republic of Donetsk and Lughansk and many others. All the same. However, no half-way sound international financial institution will give you a bank account with a residence in Northern Cyprus. CRS is therefore irrelevant per se.

Who is "the international community"? That is CNN language and nobody can define this obscure "community" which seems quite ambivalent.

There was a UN sponsored popular vote regarding reunification a couple of years ago which was held in all of Cyprus (North & South) which did not win over a majority of voters.

Regarding the other stuff: Look at Transnistria, Abkhasia, Peoples Republic of Donetsk and Lughansk and many others. All the same. However, no half-way sound international financial institution will give you a bank account with a residence in Northern Cyprus. CRS is therefore irrelevant per se.
The referendum was in 2004.....so not a couple of years ago.

Reactions: SoNewToAllShit
Surprised nobody here has mentioned UK overseas territories. The Isle of Man is incredibly Crypto friendly, although the weather sucks. The Bailiwick of Jersey is slightly less friendly but has no capital gains. Guernsey isn't locally well set up for facilitating crypto transfers but again, no capital gains. Gibraltar also has no capital gains. And of course, the British Virgin Islands.

Some of these have income taxes but they're all fairly relaxed places.

Portugal is also another option for people looking to cash out crypto. The 10 year Non-Habitual Resident programme allows you to be resident for 10 years and pay no tax on foreign income at all.

Reactions: khinkali
Mauritius is not crypto friendly and it is very small and remote.
not sure how you define "crypto friendly" - many Mauritians are holding crypto and there's rapid development
flat taxation of 15%
yes, it can be small for you (not for me though)
there are many great (overnight) flights to Europe and Asia, similar time zone is a great advantage - for the rest of the world yes, it's remote
weather and the sea is great

Reactions: 369
This sounds like it's written by Egypt CBI division. Why don't you give some specifics?
Maybe I'm, maybe I'm not, who knows smi(&%
You mean like Ukraine before 2022? What are you talking about?
No shot, practically, Ukraine was cut from the rest world even before 2022, Egypt in the other hand have a big unregulated market (about 50% of the economy) and these unregulated businesses have no issue getting banking done. this creates a lot of opportunities for a lot of people. And I'll end it at that.

if you are creative enough, you will know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: khinkali
Maybe I'm, maybe I'm not, who knows smi(&%

No shot, practically, Ukraine was cut from the rest world even before 2022, Egypt in the other hand have a big unregulated market (about 50% of the economy) and these unregulated businesses have no issue getting banking done. this creates a lot of opportunities for a lot of people. And I'll end it at that.

if you are creative enough, you will know what I'm talking about.
You're repeating yourself...
You mean Egypt is practically zero tax?
You mean Egypt is a paradise for pedos?
You mean Egypt is the best place to harvest organs?
Just say it. If you're using an Android or iPhone, you are already being tracked and they already know what you're up to. You have nothing to lose :D

not sure how you define "crypto friendly" - many Mauritians are holding crypto and there's rapid development
flat taxation of 15%
yes, it can be small for you (not for me though)
there are many great (overnight) flights to Europe and Asia, similar time zone is a great advantage - for the rest of the world yes, it's remote
weather and the sea is great
Do you live there?
I wanted to go there for a longer time but got increasingly frustrated by it.

Plus the silly covid nonsense changing all the time made it unnecessarily hard such that I put it on the back seat.

I got denied banking there for a silly reference to crypto on the website of an ex-employer by mine. (Not my involement, the involvement of my ex-employer lol).
They apparently went thru my cv carefully and checked out all references online.

Do you live there?
I did, for quite a while, just before covid, not any more

I wanted to go there for a longer time but got increasingly frustrated by it.

Plus the silly covid nonsense changing all the time made it unnecessarily hard such that I put it on the back seat.
yes, it was disaster... like basically everywhere else to be fair - it's a true third world country governed by idiots (again, like everywhere else :)) so it was expected

I got denied banking there for a silly reference to crypto on the website of an ex-employer by mine. They apparently went thru my cv carefully and checked out all references.
yes, totally possible - I'm personally working on an image of average Joe whose life is easy to understand and plausible enough - works for me so far

ok
no
what?
Just say it. If you're using an Android or iPhone, you are already being tracked.
I'm taking certain measures, but thanks for worrying about me :)
and they already know what you're up to
Why, are you working with them? ;)
. You have nothing to lose :D
Yep nothing to lose - exept a couple of millions ofc.

Last edited:
Just say it. If you're using an Android or iPhone, you are already being tracked and they already know what you're up to. You have nothing to lose :D
Disturbing.
Hard to top such a nonsense.