Our valued sponsor

Best location for Ecommerce/Digital Goods business

applebee123

Apr 30, 2021
mumbai
Visit site
Hello Folks,

What is the best location to set up an Ecommerce/Digital Goods business under following criteria. Majority of clients are from UK.

Low Tax
Ease in registration
No need for additional directors
No burdensome audits
Easy banking and integration with payment processors.

I was thinking Singapore/ BVI but the requirements seem to not so flex . I'm an Indian Resident.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

It's going to be difficult since "no burdensome audits" and payment processing is not a very good combination.

You may look into a BVI or even UK company to setup this business but be prepared for some sort of accounting requirements, the latter is easy and cheap to setup and is what most are option for.

Hello Folks,

What is the best location to set up an Ecommerce/Digital Goods business under following criteria. Majority of clients are from UK.

Low Tax
Ease in registration
No burdensome audits

I was thinking Singapore/ BVI but the requirements seem to not so flex . I'm an Indian Resident.

I am not expert on the subject, but from my understanding, if you continue to be a resident of India, none of the offshore jurisdictions will help you in any way, because the brain/management/owner of the offshore corporation resides in India. The new Common Reporting Standard or CRS, would let the government in India know about the Ultimate Beneficial Ownern (UBO), and the offshore entity will be taxed as if it's an Indian entity.

If you're planning on hiding the ownership of this entity from the Indian authorities, I don't think it's a good long term plan.

Your best bet would be to move to a tax free jurisdiction, such as UAE. Just sharing what I know.

Reactions: Fred
Considering what you have mentioned above the UAE is by far your best bet especially if you are indian national as well.

PayPal and Stripe are fully available in the UAE.

It's just a 2 hours flight from nearly everywhere in India.

The bureaucracy of the UAE is pretty simple and straightforward compared with Singapore.

Forget completely about BVI for everything beside of Wealth Management.

Some guys are still around with BVI company and Singapore Bank Account that opened the accounts 3-5 years ago but then still getting Merchant Accounts for non-resident BVI company with Singapore Bank Account - close to impossible.

Reactions: troubled soul
Considering what you have mentioned above the UAE is by far your best bet especially if you are indian national as well.

PayPal and Stripe are fully available in the UAE.

It's just a 2 hours flight from nearly everywhere in India.

The bureaucracy of the UAE is pretty simple and straightforward compared with Singapore.

Forget completely about BVI for everything beside of Wealth Management.

Some guys are still around with BVI company and Singapore Bank Account that opened the accounts 3-5 years ago but then still getting Merchant Accounts for non-resident BVI company with Singapore Bank Account - close to impossible.

I was quoted $5000 USD by an agency for Dubai Business License Free zone and yearly renewal. Do you know a cheaper alternative

Hello Folks,

Low Tax
Ease in registration
No burdensome audits

The greatest places to start an e-commerce business are the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Despite the uncertainties surrounding Brexit, the United Kingdom remains one of the most significant places to establish a business. Regarding ease of incorporation, forming a company in the United Kingdom is quick and the cost is not high. For tax benefits, the government provides various tax-related benefits to entrepreneurs, investors, and even employees, making the country quite appealing from a financial standpoint.

Singapore is one of the healthiest places in the world to start a business. Apart from the excellent economic stand, the country also has the following advantages:
- It is politically stable.
- It is one of the wealthiest in the world, which means the population has a lot of disposable income.
- It has a strong labor force.
- It does not impose any dividend or capital gains taxes.
- It has many free trade agreements that open up huge markets.
- You can easily register and start your business online.

Finally, Singapore has low-cost flights to its neighboring countries. This means that as a business owner, you'll be able to explore new markets in Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Malaysia at a reasonable cost.

Hong Kong's economy has been steadily growing over the last few decades, demonstrating the region's sensible and economically wise business policies. Hong Kong is heavily reliant on foreign finance and trade as a free-market economy. Hong Kong retains its absolute advantages, such as the 8.25% profits tax rate, which is one of the lowest in the world; acceptance of foreign directors (it does not require nominee directors, but a Singapore entity does); well-established legal framework and monetary system; and also serving as a stepping stone into China, among others. If you are looking for easy banking and integration with financial processors, Hong Kong is a good choice with a lot of options, like various FinTech platforms including Airwallex and Currenxie with a good reputation.

Latest Threads