Our valued sponsor

British Innovator Visa and path to citizenship?

How hard is it to get a UK Innovator Visa? The UK has a good passport. I have British heritage, but, my family has been in the US 200+ years so citizenship by ancestry is not an option ( I think ).

I have my own business designing IT software training for ERP (mainly SAP). I am wondering how hard it is to get the UK Innovator Visa, what are the costs, and how long it takes to get the UK passport. I believe it is 5 years?

Passportskr

Innovator visa is valid for three years but can be extended. You can apply for citizenship after five years of residence.

You need 50,000 GBP in investments from UK investors and an endorsement from an endorsing organization. Budget at least a few thousand GBP for government fees and legal fees, if you hire an immigration lawyer to help you.

There is a lot of information on Innovator visa to get you started.

From my understanding, I think it may be difficult to qualify if it's just yourself and your work is in a mature/saturated market. They want new innovative tech/science or well funded startups in emerging fields. Are you going to create jobs? Is your tech new and genuinely innovative?

Latest Threads