Our valued sponsor

Can I register my Resident Permit from Portugal here?

pixbix

Jul 6, 2022
Romania
Visit site
Can I basically buy a land in Portugal, and register my ID there? should i put "camper van" there, or i can just say i came and sleep with my car whenever i want it, or i can install a tent?

It is not a problem for me to buy a 40 000 or 50 000 home in Portugal, but i am afraid because the prices over inflates, i will not have anyone to sell it later on.

What about a home like this one? 5000$, maybe right there it will cost less, like 2000$? if i renew can i easy resell it?

What do you mean by "register my ID there"?

If I get a "residential permit" in Portugal i need a physical address. right?

I think buying 10% of an house is asking for problems, as i don't know who the others 90% of owners are...

If I get a "residential permit" in Portugal i need a physical address. right?
Yes, if you want to register as resident in Portugal, you need a residence. It doesn't have to be property you own. It's enough to rent.

I don't think just a plot of land is enough, as there's usually an expectation that your address is a suitable place of residence. But it's possible no one will check. Seems a lot easier to just rent an apartment or villa initially and then buy something, though.

Yes, if you want to register as resident in Portugal, you need a residence. It doesn't have to be property you own. It's enough to rent.

I don't think just a plot of land is enough, as there's usually an expectation that your address is a suitable place of residence. But it's possible no one will check. Seems a lot easier to just rent an apartment or villa initially and then buy something, though.

Renting in Portugal is at less 350 euro / month. House? you can get one from 3000$, via a "real estate broker". maybe, you will invest 1000-2000$ more on it. there are a lot of "almost ghosts" or ghosts towns. 30% inhabited city , low to none crime rate is fine. for people reading this, it's safe, it's not like a bad place from US, Philadelphia.. lol
The only thing I liked about rents , is that you will never find a "s**t place" they really put a lot of effort, new furniture, extremely clean into the property they will rent out.

I live in Portugal. The houses that are so cheap are either ruins in far away areas or on top of a mountain in some tiny village where no-one wants to live. Almost certainly not inhabitable.
In these remote areas, it's very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer, nobody speaks English and it's very far from everywhere.
But yes, they will give you an address, which then you can use to get residency (easy as you're from the EU) and then tax residency (these are different things).
Portugal has the NHR which allows foreigners to pay 0% personal tax for 10 years for foreign dividends. It's easy to apply for the moment you become tax resident.

Reactions: backpacker

Latest Threads