Our valued sponsor

Caye Bank in 2022?

I think you are experiencing "Caribbean" Customer service. Slow, inefficient, lazy. Frustrating for sure when you are used to instant bank transfers in Europe.

These offshore banks hold your money overseas. Your money is not actually in "Belize", but is held in accounts with their partner banks. That is why there is still a manual element on confirming your money is in your account. The staff have to manually check and confirm each transfer.

And unfortunately if you pester them, the bank views you as a troublemaker and not as a customer. Maybe one day someone will open a bank in the Caribbean where customer service really matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Magoo
I'm a new customer, and it's my first outgoing wire transfer with them, so I didn't really know what to expect. I don't want to give too many details, but shortly after I wrote the post they called me to confirm the transaction. Apparently it's an extra security measure. So it looks like it's going to be resolved in the end, and my worries are laid to rest.

Sorry to bump this (old) thread, but submitted my application with CAYE bank. From what I read they are damn slow in processing wires. Can someone tell me the average time it takes for them process an outgoing wire to the US ? Will the transaction executed the same day or will I have to wait a week before the wire actually goes out? I know it's a broad question and no one has a crystal ball to predict the future but from existing clients experience, what can I expect?

My experience is only for non-US wires, and it can take 1 - 4 weeks. For sure it will not be executed the same day. They need to have everything approved by their correspondent bank first.
How can you work with this?