Our valued sponsor

Central Electronic System of Payment information (CESOP)

Newsecar

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
Hello.

CESOP
How knows the meaning of this? And its implications?

Transmission and exchange of payment data to fight VAT fraud​

Looks like as of 1st of January 2024 every transaction in the EU will be reported by PSP, banks, EMIS, and others. Anyone is aware of this?

"

CESOP – An EU-wide VAT transactional reporting obligation for payments​

From 2024, all EU PSPs will be required to record and report transactional data of cross-border payments. This includes banks, electronic money institutions and other regulated payment institutions"

Thanks

Hello.

CESOP
How knows the meaning of this? And its implications?

Transmission and exchange of payment data to fight VAT fraud​

Looks like as of 1st of January 2024 every transaction in the EU will be reported by PSP, banks, EMIS, and others. Anyone is aware of this?

"

CESOP – An EU-wide VAT transactional reporting obligation for payments​

From 2024, all EU PSPs will be required to record and report transactional data of cross-border payments. This includes banks, electronic money institutions and other regulated payment institutions"

Thanks
In other words : big brother is watching us.

Last edited:
Likely only impact residents

I know where I am they will now get CRS info but they only care if you transfer into your own domestic account from an offshore one.

And savings (in any form) are grandfathered in for current residents.

But otherwise - this will impact a lot of people that were hoping to skirt under the radar both domestic to the EU and outside of the EU with territorial tax.

I'm not sure it's nearly as shocking or big a deal as some may think. There have been a few threads about it.

You can debate the merits and ethics of collecting so much data. It's another step towards total electronic and financial surveillance. But people in general are desensitized to that by now.

As a business owner, the impact of CESOP should be zero as long as you're not committing VAT evasion. If you aren't, take this as an urgent reminder to get your paperwork in order.

Reactions: wellington
Most major e-commerce systems have been modified to automatically handle VAT, so it's not something individual stores need to worry about too much.

Latest Threads