Our valued sponsor

CRS on US LLC

Hi,

it seems like US does not apply CRS and therefore it doesn't exchange informations with european countries.

At least that's what it looks like from OECD website.

I am interested in opening a US LLC and wondering whether my income will be reported to EU or not, can anyone with experience
confirm this for me?

Also what are some banks or EMI I can use with that company?

It's true that US is not a signatory to CRS. Instead, however, look into FATCA, which is older than CRS. Because FATCA does nearly the same thing, the US has decided not to sign up for CRS.

I am interested in opening a US LLC and wondering whether my income will be reported to EU or not, can anyone with experience
confirm this for me?
CRS and FATCA come down to the bank/EMI that you bank, with where the company is incorporated.

A US company with an EU resident sole owner/director/UBO with an account with a European bank will end up reported to the EU resident's home country.

Also what are some banks or EMI I can use with that company?
Depends. Are you selling an accounting software or are you selling biochemical weapons?

it seems like US does not apply CRS and therefore it doesn't exchange informations with european countries.

It does the equivalent under FATCA as its a bilateral agreement. It is one of the reasons it never joined CRS as it would be duplication. Read any FATCA agreement i.e UK one below and see article 2 paragraph 1.

I am interested in opening a US LLC and wondering whether my income will be reported to EU or not, can anyone with experience confirm this for me?

You can also read this thread below from beginning to end for more info before contemplating any move.

Reactions: mraleph
Fatca does not report non interest bearing accounts. Also, income is generally not reported under CRS (apart from interest income), only Ye balances.
However US might report the llc based on the 5472 form that you're required to file.
If You don't live in your home country then the llc will probably not be managed from there and not considered tax resident. Worth checking with a local tax advisor.

Reactions: mraleph

Latest Threads