Our valued sponsor

Cyprus taxes, is this true?

Researcher

Feb 13, 2024
EU
Visit site
Read this on forum
Cyprus is not a low tax country unless you are a very high income earner under the non-dom system. For example although dividends are not subject to income tax they are subject social security contribution and GESY which together come to almost 20% and if you don't have non-dom status also add another 17% for SDC.
So wait, I thought dividends are NOT taxed in Cyprus.
Are they taxed or are they not taxed if you have non dom?

So if you have Cyprus non dom + Cyprus company, what taxes will you end up paying in the end if you take dividends out of company?
20% for dividends is not acceptable.

no upto 5k max

divivdends with non dom status - on cyprus company you need to have the non dom certificate for tax fee divdends.

on non cyprus companies this is not applicable, nor the 2.85% GESY
Ok, so that is wrong info then?
Where can I read the official law or documents from their official .gov websites on this?
And do I understand correctly, that smartest move is to get non dom in Cyprus, live in Cyprus, but have company in a different jurisdiction?

Ok, so that is wrong info then?
Where can I read the official law or documents from their official .gov websites on this?
And do I understand correctly, that smartest move is to get non dom in Cyprus, live in Cyprus, but have company in a different jurisdiction?
Your information is wrong. Social contribution applies only on personal income, not on dividends. Dividends (for a domiciled individual) has an obligation of 2.65% GESY plus 17% SDC. If you you have non dom status then dividend distribution is SDC free for 17 years.