Our valued sponsor

Delaware LLC and Accountant

Balto

Dec 16, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone
I am an Italian citizen residing in Malta.

I formed a company in delaware around August 2018.

From what I understand, working with non-American customers, and having no current account in america, the company is completely TAX FREE, is that right?

I felt that the same must be made of statements on how much turnover, but I did not understand when it should be done.
When will I need an accountant?
Someone here can recommend a good one? (and cheap)
Is it a problem if some bills are paid to me in cash?
Thank you!

Hi, no you are not tax free. If you have no physical presence in Delaware there are no corporate taxes but you are liable for federal taxes. A DE LLC is not the ideal solution for a EU citizen because of the changes in the law and the way LLC's are treated taxwise.( Single Natural Owner Disregarded Entities ) You need to file several forms with the IRS for your Corporation, apply for a EIN etc etc. And consider the taxes you might be liable for in the EU deriving from your DE LLC.
Accountants in the EU with knowledge in both worlds are hard to find. Try https://www.expatax.nl/

Hi, no you are not tax free. If you have no physical presence in Delaware there are no corporate taxes but you are liable for federal taxes. A DE LLC is not the ideal solution for a EU citizen because of the changes in the law and the way LLC's are treated taxwise.( Single Natural Owner Disregarded Entities ) You need to file several forms with the IRS for your Corporation, apply for a EIN etc etc. And consider the taxes you might be liable for in the EU deriving from your DE LLC.
Accountants in the EU with knowledge in both worlds are hard to find. Try https://www.expatax.nl/

A LLC is disregarded when a single owner, so any taxes you owe would be the same as if you traded without the company. If you don't have US customers or nexus, agents etc in the US then you don't owe federal taxes to the US.
New from 2017 is that you need to file form 5472 and state all the transactions between the owner and the company.

I formed a company in delaware around August 2018.

From what I understand, working with non-American customers, and having no current account in america, the company is completely TAX FREE, is that right?

Shouldn't you have asked this question before forming the company :confused:. Not being rude but just saying its quite a fundamental question.

Reactions: jeromest and UScorp

Latest Threads