Our valued sponsor

digital nomad looking for security for my communication.

kilor

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Dec 22, 2021
Visit site
As a digital nomad, I'm on the go pretty much all the time. I have acquired a powerful laptop, latest iPhone and several world sim cards - the question is what should I do to make sure no one accesses my data when I am sitting on the beach, in a cafe or other public places?

Any input is appreciated

As a digital nomad, I'm on the go pretty much all the time. I have acquired a powerful laptop, latest iPhone and several world sim cards - the question is what should I do to make sure no one accesses my data when I am sitting on the beach, in a cafe or other public places?

Any input is appreciated
What do you mean by access your data?

I recommend setting up encryption on your iPhone if that's supported, and veracrypt/bitlocker on your laptop and putting it to the proper sleep/hibernation mode when you go away from your machine for starters. You should also have a TPM on the laptop. Also, Windows 10 Enterprise with proper group policy settings or if you're running Linux, then the settings for that OS.

You should give a bit more detail on what you are trying to avoid so that I can give you more specific advice. But this should somewhat help you.

Any input is appreciated
First of all don't take your laptop outside your apartment. And I would suggest getting a tamper-proof laptop such as NitroPad.

Latest Threads