Our valued sponsor

Does Private Bank have a self-directed option without AUM fees?

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
There are so many private bank like USB, CS, DBS ,BNP Paribas. Their custody fee is very high . and If I am not wrong , all provide self trading platform for their customer.
My question is that can you only open self trading account with them ? without paying high custody fees?
Just buy ETF yourself...without paying high custodian fee.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

I can't speak for all banks but in general, the answer in many cases is no, because it's not really their business model if you are a private banking client.

However, once you have enough in the bank's custody (a few million), they might let you open a retail trading account as well.

As a general rule, if you have the time and skill do your own trading, you're better off doing that than by relying on a private banker. But if you want your money in banks such as the ones mentioned, a big deposit is usually the entry ticket price.

Reactions: troubled soul
With a stash of money, you always can negotiate the custody fee. Buy your ETFs with a different broker and transfer assets for free to your private bank or make a deal with them if you are doing a one-time investment and afterwards only hold strategy.

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads