Our valued sponsor

Easiest SE Asian countries to obtain permanent residency?

I currently live near South East Asia and have a lot of spare time (but not a lot of money),
what are the easiest/cheapest countries in South Easy Asia to get a long term Visa or even a permanent Residency
by proof of income or investment that do not require a high investment?

I'm aware of thai elite visa and Malasya my second home visa, is there any thing else accessible to anyone?

I currently live near South East Asia and have a lot of spare time (but not a lot of money),
what are the easiest/cheapest countries in South Easy Asia to get a long term Visa or even a permanent Residency

I'm aware of thai elite visa and Malasya my second home visa, is there any thing else accessible to anyone?
You should first mention your age in order to get more specific info.

Reactions: jafo

What ethnicity are you?
If youre having asian origin, go where you have blood from.
Otherwise it can be achieved but its a very long process and you need to invest a lot of time into learning language and culture and even then need some helping hands along the way.
Thai elite is not the path for going the pr way.

Best is to start a local company and follow that.

For under 35, PH is even less of an option. BIR won't grant easy extension of tourist visa for this age group anymore. You get a few months and then will have to leave.
Under 35 is simply too young, except you want to use SIRV or marry a local.

I wasnt aware of this, I know a few dudes who have been renewing their tourist visas since covid almost.
They all in their upper 20s.

Now mind you they aint broke, they kinda ballin.

I wasnt aware of this, I know a few dudes who have been renewing their tourist visas since covid almost.
They all in their upper 20s.

Now mind you they aint broke, they kinda ballin.
During COVID the Duterte government implemented an EO regarding undocumented foreigners. It was applicable to people on tourist visa, too. If these "dudes" you know did not leave the country since that time, they are fine. However, if they leave this EO is no longer applicable.

Other then that, not being broke helps.

33 years old from Canada, on a 100% location indipendent income.
If you can afford the SIRV (70k minimum investment), go for it. If not, look elsewhere.
The problem in your case: You might want to have tax residency. Due to the convoluted PH tax system you'll never be able to achieve this without having permanent residency.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCryptoAnt