Our valued sponsor

Question Easy and cheap jurisdiction for investing?

notyetnomad

Jan 16, 2022
Brazil
Visit site
Hey, I'm looking for an agency to help me incorporate in an cheap and easy jurisdiction to invest in US equities.

I'm a bogglehead. I want VT and chill.

I just need a way to receive and send 1-2 ACH transfers per month (basically sending my wages to the stock broker).

Should I worry about economic substance requirements?

Hey, I'm looking for an agency to help me incorporate in an cheap and easy jurisdiction to invest in US equities.

I'm a bogglehead. I want VT and chill.

I just need a way to receive and send 1-2 ACH transfers per month (basically sending my wages to the stock broker).

Should I worry about economic substance requirements?
I'm also a bogglehead. Dot invest in stocks but in large ETFs. Do not use a US company for that, move to Dubai, invest in ETF from Ireland. Open a account with SwissQuote, Saxo or IB.

Hey @fbsworld , that is my long-term goal!

I can't move right now because of family reasons.

I'm not considering an US company. Unfortunately that won't work for me.

A company in the UAE isn't an option for me anymore, because there is a very unfavorable tax treaty.

I think I need a company in the Caribbean.
My research pointed at Nevis.

Because fiscality is optimized with irish UCITS ETFs. Especially when you live in a country which has no tax treaty with the US (30% witholding tax normally on dividends). With Irish ETF, taxes are applied in Ireland (ETF level), nearly 15% and even lower (optimized).

Morever UCITS is an extra layer protection against potential US estate tax, again depending your residence country and the tax treaties.

Examples:

iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc)
ISIN IE00B4L5Y983

iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF (Acc)
ISIN IE00B5BMR087

For the diversification of emettors:

IE00BK5BQT80 Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF - USD
IE00BJ0KDQ92 Xtrackers MSCI World UCITS ETF 1C - USD
IE00BFMXXD54 Vanguard S&P 500 UCITS ETF (USD) Accumulating

Last edited:

Latest Threads