Our valued sponsor

EU - UK Trade Deal Help, Advise Shipping to EU in the future.

Phantom89

Feb 1, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I currently run a business in the UK and many of my customers for the product i sell are in the EU so i am trying to look at my options moving forward as my product is made in china so the origin is not from the EU or UK. I am in my country below the VAT threshold so this potentially makes things more difficult.

Option A -
Ship my stock to a EU country and ship from there. To do this i believe that i would have to register for vat in the EU country i ship from but any clarity or confirmation here would be helpful.

Option B -
Ship from the UK to EU and the customers have to pay VAT, For my customer it would then make more sense to buy from the EU to reduce there costs. (My product does not have import duty but they would have to pay vat.)

The problem is that now why would people buy from me when they can just buy from china cheaper or another company in the EU and not pay import vat.
There are some china sellers who ship the same product from the EU but i suspect some of these do not register for VAT or will not tell the truth regarding the origin of the products.

But as i am form the UK i assume that it is not as simple as just putting the origin as UK or EU and this would get myself in to trouble if i did this and if i did not register for vat in the EU country i shipped from that this would also get me into trouble.

Anyone who can offer any clarity, further options or advice would be helpful as i am getting confused with my options so want to confirm they are correct but also look into other options and i think this will be the perfect place to ask on here.