Our valued sponsor

GBH Coriolis Bank

Paprika

Jan 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone!
Guys, has anybody heard of GBH Coriolis Bank (https://gbhcoriolisbank.com)? Or has dealt with it?
The Bank is believed to open accounts for offshore companies.
They sent me their license issued by the authority of the AUTONOMOUS ISLAND OF MWALI in 2022.
Any ideas if it is a scam?

While it has a better website design than the other scams, this company does not have a real bank license.

The Comoros are generally a very toxic jurisdiction to work with, and the regulation is just not strong enough. Mwali and Anjouan, although they do have their own licensing system, are not legally allowed to issue licenses. But, because there's not really anyone to stop them, and these registries probably aren't operated from there anyway, they continue to sell fake licenses as well as run their own scam banks. I can't tell you if this one is operated by the scam owners or if the owner of the "bank" fell for it. These islands will continue to offer fake licenses, and it's very easy to do so in the Union of Comoros, where the islands are practically together due to historical annexations and hold together very loosely (which is also why they are semi-autonomous, but still share a central bank)

You can find out more about this in Mentor Group Gold, specifically related to the fake Euro Deniz IBU, the fake Alexandria Bancorp, the fake offshore Seker Bank, and Cleveland IBU (which is licensed by the SADR licensing entity that belongs to the same people as the Mwali / Moheli one). These had an interesting strategy - they created companies in Ukraine, Belarus and Poland with nominees in the name of your company and then opened traditional bank accounts for their version of the company, which was much easier to bank (e.g. if your BVI company was named Example1 Ltd., they would open Example1 Ltd. sp. z.o.o. and open an account at Ukrainian banks, or one of the Polish high-street banks that don't really check corporate activity as long as it's a local company). Interestingly, this also happened to OctopusPays, a very suspicious MSB with no real value. Their license-exempt Singaporean company Orec Pte. Ltd., used for receiving payments, has its own Kharkiv counterpart, which has the same name but in the Cyrillic alphabet and is still owned by Cleveland IBU.

Even though GBH Coriolis does have a SWIFT code, it is disconnected and has no real meaning. It might have been disconnected with the small and extremely delayed crackdown on these fake banks from the Central Bank of Comoros. If you're lucky, they might have a contract with some high-risk EMI that will open an account for you. If you're less lucky, you'll lose all the money you spent on onboarding (and potentially a first deposit), or there'll be a Ukrainian / Belarusian company with the same name as yours that pops up sometime soon.

Edit: This company also advertises itself on the about page as a product of GBH Private Bank, which was owned by Czech citizens resident in Latin America, and had a bit of a scandal in the Czech Republic with the Czech National Bank about 10 years back, because its license gave it no right to operate there, yet it was providing deposit taking services carelessly. It also states that it is a shared product of Coriolis Banking Corporation, which never really operated, and had a fake license on the infamous One Enterprise Way in the desert of Gambia - you can read up on that on OCCRP. This bank was never bought out as a Cayman fund as they say, but instead rebranded to Rays Bank, which states it's licensed by Mwali as well, although it's not even on that register. (How bad does your "bank" have to be to not even get licensed by a fake regulator?). Also, GBH Coriolis has a Bitcoin logo in the footer. Word of advice - don't work with banks that have a crypto logo in their footer. And their "office" is in Kenya? I would have at least tried to pick a jurisdiction with some level of trust.

Last edited:
It was good to read about a detailed feedback regarding this undertaking. That's not to say that they are a scam, but rather that one should be careful about putting too much money into their system at once.

Reactions: ilke and Paprika
I would stay away from them.
1. They are not properly licensed
2. They spammed every person in our company asking to refer clients.
3. Their fees are extremely high and the team is unprofessional

Its only my opinion, every person should conduct his own research and make decisions based on their findings and analysis.

Reactions: Paprika
While it has a better website design than the other scams, this company does not have a real bank license.

The Comoros are generally a very toxic jurisdiction to work with, and the regulation is just not strong enough. Mwali and Anjouan, although they do have their own licensing system, are not legally allowed to issue licenses. But, because there's not really anyone to stop them, and these registries probably aren't operated from there anyway, they continue to sell fake licenses as well as run their own scam banks. I can't tell you if this one is operated by the scam owners or if the owner of the "bank" fell for it. These islands will continue to offer fake licenses, and it's very easy to do so in the Union of Comoros, where the islands are practically together due to historical annexations and hold together very loosely (which is also why they are semi-autonomous, but still share a central bank)

You can find out more about this in Mentor Group Gold, specifically related to the fake Euro Deniz IBU, the fake Alexandria Bancorp, the fake offshore Seker Bank, and Cleveland IBU (which is licensed by the SADR licensing entity that belongs to the same people as the Mwali / Moheli one). These had an interesting strategy - they created companies in Ukraine, Belarus and Poland with nominees in the name of your company and then opened traditional bank accounts for their version of the company, which was much easier to bank (e.g. if your BVI company was named Example1 Ltd., they would open Example1 Ltd. sp. z.o.o. and open an account at Ukrainian banks, or one of the Polish high-street banks that don't really check corporate activity as long as it's a local company). Interestingly, this also happened to OctopusPays, a very suspicious MSB with no real value. Their license-exempt Singaporean company Orec Pte. Ltd., used for receiving payments, has its own Kharkiv counterpart, which has the same name but in the Cyrillic alphabet and is still owned by Cleveland IBU.

Even though GBH Coriolis does have a SWIFT code, it is disconnected and has no real meaning. It might have been disconnected with the small and extremely delayed crackdown on these fake banks from the Central Bank of Comoros. If you're lucky, they might have a contract with some high-risk EMI that will open an account for you. If you're less lucky, you'll lose all the money you spent on onboarding (and potentially a first deposit), or there'll be a Ukrainian / Belarusian company with the same name as yours that pops up sometime soon.

Edit: This company also advertises itself on the about page as a product of GBH Private Bank, which was owned by Czech citizens resident in Latin America, and had a bit of a scandal in the Czech Republic with the Czech National Bank about 10 years back, because its license gave it no right to operate there, yet it was providing deposit taking services carelessly. It also states that it is a shared product of Coriolis Banking Corporation, which never really operated, and had a fake license on the infamous One Enterprise Way in the desert of Gambia - you can read up on that on OCCRP. This bank was never bought out as a Cayman fund as they say, but instead rebranded to Rays Bank, which states it's licensed by Mwali as well, although it's not even on that register. (How bad does your "bank" have to be to not even get licensed by a fake regulator?). Also, GBH Coriolis has a Bitcoin logo in the footer. Word of advice - don't work with banks that have a crypto logo in their footer. And their "office" is in Kenya? I would have at least tried to pick a jurisdiction with some level of trust.
Thank you very much for your time and provided explanations!
I am very grateful!

Reactions: ilke
i suggest to use masreq bank in dubai , they will ask tons of questions and never open you account , i will apply in coriolis lets se if they give an account number
Let's not forget -
@csp dubai Markus, are you still there? Leave this forum for good, or shall I create topic in scam accusations detailing why you are multi account of rey skywalker?
@csp dubai = Same person, Same writing style. Hates on every bank and EMI. But, coincidentally, when it's an impersonation of an IBU from Northern Cyprus or a Comoros "bank" with no real license you suddenly open an account there and have no issues while everybody else loses their money.

Interesting, to say the least.

Last edited:
i not understand who i am promoting , i just suggest open account in dubai any way all so called expert here they are just time waster with no real business , by the way can you explain how a fake bank can have a swift ? Swift is not so easy to fool is almost impossible to have a swift connected or not without 3 register swift banks reference and going through their kyc

i not understand who i am promoting , i just suggest open account in dubai any way all so called expert here they are just time waster with no real business , by the way can you explain how a fake bank can have a swift ? Swift is not so easy to fool is almost impossible to have a swift connected or not without 3 register swift banks reference and going through their kyc
You mean the joke CLORKMK1? This SWIFT was never a real banking SWIFT; SWIFT partners issue it as a corporate code, which does not allow the "bank" to send any financial messages. It has no value. CLORKMK1 is disconnected from SWIFT itself (and their address for SWIFT is apparently inside the building of their regulator). I think you're the only expert timewaster here, because you keep pushing complete scam banks, whether with this account or your rey skywalker that quit 3 years ago. You also conveniently completely ignored that accusation because you know it is true, and you want to keep pushing scam "Comorian" banks.

If anybody wants to use a bank whose license is about as valuable as one I can draw in MS Paint, go for it.