Our valued sponsor

Georgia aiming to become regional financial hub

OTR365

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site

Global giant Rothschild & Co to draft Georgia’s strategy to become regional financial hub​

Rothschild & Co, a global financial giant, will write a strategy for Georgia on how to transform itself into a regional financial hub, the government of Georgia says. An agreement between Rothschild & Co Managing Partner Arielle Malard de Rothschild and the government of Georgia was signed earlier today in Brussels. Georgian PM Irakli Garibashvili said that the company will also work to attract investments and grants for Georgia. Link.

I wish they had done this about a decade ago, when they began building Batumi into Las Vegas/Dubai. There's also a plan to build a new financial center in Gonio near Batumi. I think rather than new buildings, they'd need more (foreign) financial institutions providing better services. Also a fast and reliable justice system and perhaps some laws tailor-made to attract e.g. investment funds, private banking etc.

First they should change their alphabet.
They could say the same to us :)
But seriously, I think they should better not to enter CRS (planned for 2023, AFAIK)

Global giant Rothschild & Co to draft Georgia’s strategy to become regional financial hub​

I wish they had done this about a decade ago, when they began building Batumi into Las Vegas/Dubai. There's also a plan to build a new financial center in Gonio near Batumi. I think rather than new buildings, they'd need more (foreign) financial institutions providing better services. Also a fast and reliable justice system and perhaps some laws tailor-made to attract e.g. investment funds, private banking etc.
That's all we need. The Rothschild family controlling yet another banking system in a formerly free and capitalist society.

Reactions: OTR365 and Risehigh
First they should change their alphabet.
That language would be unintelligble and unpronouncable even with latin alphabet. Similarly, e.g. Polish and Hungarian languages don't benefit much from their familiar alphabet. The way forward might be the same as everywhere else: Teach kids English as a 2nd language and keep on doing it.

As to Rothschilds, Niall Ferguson's book led me to believe they are not quite as all-powerful as they used to be. Georgian banking could benefit from advice on how to get a sliver of Turkish, Iranian and European money. There is a potential for a lot of wealth-creation in the area. Not only in Georgia, but also in the countries on the other side of the Caspian sea.

Latest Threads