Our valued sponsor

Georgian Company set up

I feel I'm qualified to comment on this as well, being someone who both lives in Georgia and has a fair bit of knowledge and experience in the field.

While I've come across more cases than @Jonny Cage has when it comes to banks closing down personal accounts (it seems to have started to increase as of lately, especially by one bank in particular and when it comes to people whose incoming transactions are predominantly from abroad and not 100% straightforward), I have indeed never heard of a single case where a Georgian commercial bank has frozen someone's assets for a reason other than an order by the authorities. Don't quote me on this, but I don't believe this behaviour would even be legal here.

On the other hand, account freezes are relatively common when it comes to disputes with the tax authorities. The "shoot first, ask questions later" approach sadly still prevails here in that sense. But that's far more the case with businesses than with individuals.

And yes - opening personal accounts on a PoA is both common and straightforward, but one should, of course, expect at least the same amount of KYC and due diligence as they would otherwise, and in any other jurisdiction.

No @Jonny Cage I have not personally heard of banks freezing clients' money.

I just hear of banks closing business accounts that aren't doing business in Georgia. Or asking for a lot of evidence to show the Georgian activity.

Honestly I think people hear "Georgia is easy to do business", assume that they can use the country for some kind of money laundering and get surprised when they find that they can't.

@Jonny Cage

I am a fx trader currently from India for an prop firm .
I want to open a personal USD bank account remotely.

I have passport, ID and can offer a bank statement of a recently opened account but no reference letter from a bank as its a joint account. Is it possible to open personal savings account with $$$$ initial deposit ?

Hi, sure it’s possible. No reference letter is needed
@Jonny Cage

Please tell me how can I reach you.
one of you need to be mentor group gold member so you can PM each other. Since Jonny cage is a service provider I believe it would be mandatory for him to become a mentor group member to promote his services here ;)

There is also a nice interview (video interview) for his service inside the exclusive area of the mentor group, make good sense to watch it.