Our valued sponsor

Getting a degree for Visa purposes.

bibing

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have been told that for processing a HK Investment visa or even a simple employment visa, one has to possess a degree (bachelor at least) .

Any way to get one in short time (1 year)?
Do you guys have any experience with any online degree course?

Why don't get a student visa ? You can open a bank account with that and work remotely from another jurisdiction

Reactions: Spondula
If I was single I would totally do that but unfortunately, I'm married, and under a Student visa you can't bring your wife.

Since we are here can I ask you 2 things, please?
I want to register my company in HK

1) Do you know if I register the company there if the Company Registry is going to automatically report it to my home country (like the banks do)? I know the registry is public (by paying a small fee you can see all info, but that is completely a different issue if the shareholders get automatically reported);

2) For that company, I will probably open a neat.hk at first (I know it's not the best but it seems a nice option to get things going and I don't mind if everything is converted to HKD). Do you know if neat business accounts get reported automatically? or is it only if you over a balance (I once read probably by mistake that only business bank accounts over 2m HKD get reported.

Thanks for your contributions to this forum, I really like to have somebody who is knowledgeable about HK stuff.

Do you know if neat business accounts get reported automatically?
Your company or company Bank account don't get reported under CRS with balances under 200k USD.
I hear from my accountant that some EU tax offices raises questions to the HK IRD about who's the owner or shareholder of a company, but it's not automatic reporting.

Best way is try to stay bellow 200k USD by buying gold in your bank and don't issue invoices to anybody in your home country.

Reactions: bibing
Getting a Degree for Visa Purposes: A Handy Guide

1. Research visa requirements: Begin by understanding the visa requirements of the country you intend to study in. Check if obtaining a degree is necessary for your visa application or if alternative qualifications are accepted.

2. Choose a suitable degree program: Explore universities and colleges offering programs aligned with your interests and career goals. Consider factors such as course curriculum, reputation, location, and visa eligibility.

3. Verify language proficiency: Most countries require proof of language proficiency, usually through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL. Prepare and take the necessary exams to meet the language requirements.

4. Gather admission documents: Prepare the required documents, including academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and a valid passport. Ensure all documents are accurate and up to date.

5. Apply to educational institutions: Submit your applications to the universities or colleges of your choice. Pay attention to application deadlines and follow the application guidelines provided by each institution.

6. Secure funding: Determine the cost of your education and explore available funding options. This may include scholarships, grants, or personal financing. Plan your finances accordingly and ensure you meet the financial requirements for your visa application.

7. Await acceptance and obtain Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE): Once accepted into a program, you will receive an offer letter from the institution. Accept the offer and obtain the necessary documentation, such as the CoE, which may be required for the visa application.

8. Apply for a student visa: Familiarize yourself with the visa application process and requirements specific to the country you plan to study in. Compile the necessary documents, complete the application forms accurately, and submit them within the designated timeframe.

9. Attend visa interviews (if applicable): Certain countries may require an interview as part of the visa application process. Prepare for the interview by understanding the purpose of your study, your future plans, and demonstrating your genuine intentions to study.

10. Plan for travel and accommodation: Once your visa is approved, start planning your travel and accommodation arrangements. Connect with the university's international student office for guidance on housing options and any pre-arrival preparations.
Remember to stay updated on visa regulations and any changes that may occur. Seeking guidance from educational consultants or visa experts can provide valuable support throughout the process. Good luck on your educational journey! ☺

Latest Threads