Our valued sponsor

Guide: How to get Revolut as a non-resident (non-EU,non-UK,non-US)

Ah, I see

"""

Depending on your passport (and luck), they may ask you to prove your right to stay in Singapore. Be prepared to open a support case and tell them you just moved there. Show them something that proves your right to stay in the country - a visa, or a filled residency application document (even if you never delivered it to the authorities to apply for residency).

"""

Guys you realize that the EMI's may have a look at this forum and all you are doing is to help them increasing their restrictions and checks on documents ;)

Reactions: John Andrews
Hi there Guys ,
I have signed up on the Revolut account with a UK based number and a London address . But after the confirmation code appears , the app wants me to verify myself to start the account!
How can I do that since I belong from Pakistan and they require some sort of proof of residence in terms of permit card or student visa.....

Need Help!

To register with Revolut you will always have to provide a proof of address (utility bills, bank statement ...) and ID, even as an EU resident, no way around that.
I can confirm i was able to get my first card delivered to Thailand instead of my former address in EU, initially the app will put your registered address as delivery address and if you try to change the delivery address it will reset it at first but if you try again it will succeed.

To register with Revolut you will always have to provide a proof of address (utility bills, bank statement ...) and ID, even as an EU resident, no way around that.
I can confirm i was able to get my first card delivered to Thailand instead of my former address in EU, initially the app will put your registered address as delivery address and if you try to change the delivery address it will reset it at first but if you try again it will succeed.
So how Can i apply for it? I am having a UK LTD registered in UK with trading address to receive mails and parcels and I am having an active UK number to recieve calls and sms But since i am not a resident of either UK or EU , i dont have any UK identity to prove my identity and move forward with revolut signup!
Awaiting your suggestion!

I believe we were talking about personal account, not businees account.

I used my business address to signup for the personal account of Revolut , got the SMS verification done , Address Done , and then comes the problem to verify my identity!

So the question is what nationality should I pick now? ,, Pakistani or some thing else for identity verification , Note: I dont have any UK visa or student card!

You may ask Revolut if they are able to board you. If you have a EU entity usually it should work even if the owner is a foreigner. But Revolut and the EMI's generally, have strict restrictions on what they can board. Most of the EMI's have.

I used my business address to signup for the personal account of Revolut , got the SMS verification done , Address Done , and then comes the problem to verify my identity!

So the question is what nationality should I pick now? ,, Pakistani or some thing else for identity verification , Note: I dont have any UK visa or student card!
Your identity is your passport, unless you have a passport from a blacklisted country like Iran, North Korea or Venezuela it doesn't matter much I would say.
The problem here, I believe, is you will have to provide a proof of residence aka a document with you name and address on it that will prove you are actually living there. The kind of document that the bank can eventually verify from the authority and will be hard to forge I am guessing.

Give us printscreen of the enrollment process in the app if you can, might help.

Your identity is your passport, unless you have a passport from a blacklisted country like Iran, North Korea or Venezuela it doesn't matter much I would say.
The problem here, I believe, is you will have to provide a proof of residence aka a document with you name and address on it that will prove you are actually living there. The kind of document that the bank can eventually verify from the authority and will be hard to forge I am guessing.

Give us printscreen of the enrollment process in the app if you can, might help.
I believe the challenge here is that op needs to provide proof that he is allowed being in the EU - i.e. working visa / permanent residence etc

It has come to my attention that quite a few readers are interested in non-resident EU banking solutions.

Revolut is a low cost banking solution without the requirement to maintain a high deposit; with very reasonable FX rates. But officially, it's only available in "safe countries".

Here's how this works:
- Revolut assumes the first card delivery address you give them is truthfully yours. If you give them president Macron's palace as the delivery address, they assume you're a French tax resident. (Not kidding). Only after you change your address, they require some kind of proof.

---

This is how non-EU/non-UK/non-US residents can get Revolut:

1) Sign up with a fictional mail address in the EU.
- For example, take a real building, but use an apartment number that does not exist.
2) Pass video identification with your passport.
3) Deposit a few hundred euros and order the initial card. Nobody has to pick it up.
- The card won't be used maliciously because you must activate it via App
4) Upgrade your account. Now you're eligible to order a second card outside "safe countries". This option is intended for those who lost their card during traveling.
5) Order your card to your real address, wherever you live in the world.
- Claim it's someone's AirBnB, your second home, or just come up with an interesting story. At this point, it does not matter.
6) Pick up your card and enjoy!

If your account gets blocked for what ever reason, spend the spare with a virtual card. It's better than the hassle of going through their slow support to get the funds redeemed to another bank account.
As of now, Revolut automatically blocks your account for source of funds checks the first time your account turnover exceeds 40K EUR. If you do something fishy, they may block it sooner.
Which EU country you recommend to select if I am non resident?

In my case if I select Spain and my citizenship is Cuban they ask me for visa and passport, I tried now

Last edited:
It has come to my attention that quite a few readers are interested in non-resident EU banking solutions.

Revolut is a low cost banking solution without the requirement to maintain a high deposit; with very reasonable FX rates. But officially, it's only available in "safe countries".

Here's how this works:
- Revolut assumes the first card delivery address you give them is truthfully yours. If you give them president Macron's palace as the delivery address, they assume you're a French tax resident. (Not kidding). Only after you change your address, they require some kind of proof.

---

This is how non-EU/non-UK/non-US residents can get Revolut:

1) Sign up with a fictional mail address in the EU.
- For example, take a real building, but use an apartment number that does not exist.
2) Pass video identification with your passport.
3) Deposit a few hundred euros and order the initial card. Nobody has to pick it up.
- The card won't be used maliciously because you must activate it via App
4) Upgrade your account. Now you're eligible to order a second card outside "safe countries". This option is intended for those who lost their card during traveling.
5) Order your card to your real address, wherever you live in the world.
- Claim it's someone's AirBnB, your second home, or just come up with an interesting story. At this point, it does not matter.
6) Pick up your card and enjoy!

If your account gets blocked for what ever reason, spend the spare with a virtual card. It's better than the hassle of going through their slow support to get the funds redeemed to another bank account.
As of now, Revolut automatically blocks your account for source of funds checks the first time your account turnover exceeds 40K EUR. If you do something fishy, they may block it sooner.
Remember years ago, they started asking questions around 25k and were loosing their s**t I a EU national was not in the EU.

Ended up blocking the account.

The 40k is per year or 'after' bench market as 40k is a lot of money if per year.

Which EU country you recommend to select if I am non resident?

In my case if I select Spain and my citizenship is Cuban they ask me for visa and passport, I tried now
Forget about Revolut (if they do not onboard Cubans officially). Even if you pass the verfication somehow (that is IMO very improbable), your account will be blocked and money freezed (and, in your case, very probably lost) at the first occassion. Take into account that they become a bank and are (and have to be) even more strict than another EMIs.

Reactions: ajhernan

Latest Threads