Our valued sponsor

Help pls! Interested in IBC's

mnn1980

Oct 31, 2023
Panama
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I tried to search the forum as not to ask a often repeated question but I didn't find the answer.

I have a few questions.
Context: I work in HR consulting and invoice my clients up until now in my personal name into a Wise account where I then transfer some funds to my territorial tax system home country and some into an external trading/savings account (so payment processing for many clients and goods and services is not an issue).

I would like to set up a foreign company now as I anticipate my income rising drastically next year and start invoicing under the IBC, and then pay myself in either a salary or dividents to the territorial home country and keep the majority of the funds in the IBC where home country as no access or interest in.

My concern are:

The business I consult for are in Germany - will them receiving consulting invoices from a company from Nevis for example cause problems for them or me?

What is the best IBC to choose in this case? I am leaning towards Nevis but it's hard to really know for sure based on online information?

I keep seeing people say good luck finding a bank account and then these shelf IBC companies saying they will open a bank account with the IBC. What is this all about?
I need a corporate account to get paid in, and I'd even be happy having a personal account in Nevis and getting my personal payments there or using Wise to pay myself from the IBC Corporate to a Personal account in home country - is this usually problematic?

Any help is appreciated, finding lawyers to speak with is hard and I find they often say whatever you want to hear so you'll incorporate through them!

Your clients will have problems with accepting invoices from Nevis.
Consider Cyprus instead, @CyprusLawyer101 can help you
Or a U.S. LLC
Thank you for the confirmation!

Here is another scenario - I am strongly considering moving to Antigua - if I am invoicing in my own personal name (since there's no income tax there) will that still cause problems?
Or is acting as a private person much different than invoicing as an IBC - I mean in terms of impact on my clients.

Thank you for the confirmation!

Here is another scenario - I am strongly considering moving to Antigua - if I am invoicing in my own personal name (since there's no income tax there) will that still cause problems?
Or is acting as a private person much different than invoicing as an IBC - I mean in terms of impact on my clients.
EU companies just don’t like to see invoices coming from the Caribbeans or “offshore” countries (where “offshore” means “unusual” in their mind), even if they are perfectly legit.
In any case it is never advisable to do business in a personal capacity.
Your best option as an Antiguan resident is to use a U.S. LLC, which can be as simple as having just you as its sole member.

Reactions: JimBeam

Latest Threads