Our valued sponsor

Hi. Lawyer looking to diversify.

Hi.

I have found myself referring to this site over the years, and it is now time to join the honored few. I have over 20 years in the practice of law - about half each in two countries (one in each hemisphere).

Currently I work in house at a major bank, but I will be making a change in the next few years to move into assisting with globalization and diversification strategies. Specifically, I will be looking to work with people who want to optimize their tax or financial positions - both corporate and personal.

It is likely I will choose to relocate to a jurisdiction which is open minded to the ways this community thinks, allowing me to facilitate potentially profitable structures and to share that value with those I work closely with.

Accordingly, I'm interested in learning from and engaging with members who are considering creative ways to capture some of the benefits of creative global strategies in this fast changing world.

Looking forward to the journey.

Hi.

I have found myself referring to this site over the years, and it is now time to join the honored few. I have over 20 years in the practice of law - about half each in two countries (one in each hemisphere).

Currently I work in house at a major bank, but I will be making a change in the next few years to move into assisting with globalization and diversification strategies. Specifically, I will be looking to work with people who want to optimize their tax or financial positions - both corporate and personal.

It is likely I will choose to relocate to a jurisdiction which is open minded to the ways this community thinks, allowing me to facilitate potentially profitable structures and to share that value with those I work closely with.

Accordingly, I'm interested in learning from and engaging with members who are considering creative ways to capture some of the benefits of creative global strategies in this fast changing world.

Hello
It would be interesting to know the two countries you have experience in.

Reactions: Marie Manila
Hi.

You could tell us something about how a “major bank” works: what the legal department likes/dislikes, how criminals make good use of the services, how normal people are harassed, how monkeys are domesticated and trained, how executives are entertained etc.

Welcome to the Offshorecorptalk forum, enjoy your stay thu&¤#

Reactions: 22Law
Welcome aboard thu&¤#
Thank you, sir.

You could tell us something about how a “major bank” works: what the legal department likes/dislikes, how criminals make good use of the services, how normal people are harassed, how monkeys are domesticated and trained, how executives are entertained etc.
Banking is highly regulated, so working on the legal side, there is plenty of focus on compliance (including privacy and AML obligations) and particularly on risk.
I see plenty of waste by inefficiency, but usually because one part is unaware of how other parts operate.
Most of us in legal dislike loose conduct which gives rise to unnecessary legal and regulatory risks, especially if we have worked to build a structure where risk can be well managed.
Mistakes happen and regulators understand that, so effective engagement is important.

Hi.

Welcome to the community! Success on your journey!