Our valued sponsor

How Bahamas resident open account with international bank as They do not accept Bahamas resident ?

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
If someone let's say Non EU passport holder. move to Bahamas for retirement ..
How Would he invest money international market?
As Most bank does not accept Bahamas resident .
How they buy US, EU stock if they want to buy ?
How their international portfolio look like ?

If someone let's say Non EU passport holder. move to Bahamas for retirement ..
How Would he invest money international market?

Very easily actually you use IBKR, Saxobank, Charles Schwab, Tradestation etc etc etc. I think even Swissquote do but never tried them. I have not even mentioned the Asian brokers I use...lol.

As Most bank does not accept Bahamas resident .

Most retail banks do not. But Private banks accept Bahamas residents all day long cig-:,.

How they buy US, EU stock if they want to buy ?
How their international portfolio look like ?

As I mentioned above international brokers work all day long. You can buy US, EU stock through them. No idea what the next man portfolio looks like as I am worried about my own btw smi(&%.

Reactions: troubled soul
Very easily actually you use IBKR, Saxobank, Charles Schwab, Tradestation etc etc etc. I think even Swissquote do but never tried them. I have not even mentioned the Asian brokers I use...lol.

Most retail banks do not. But Private banks accept Bahamas residents all day long cig-:,.

As I mentioned above international brokers work all day long. You can buy US, EU stock through them. No idea what the next man portfolio looks like as I am worried about my own btw smi(&%.

I am very interested in those asian brokers. I am moving to Paraguay and love to know alternatives to IBKR (it seems like the only exchange that supports the country)

Thanks the good Fred!
@Dom pedro I choose T212 because they allow funding via debit and credit card, just in case you want to consider

What is your plan for cashing out? Do you have a bank in Paraguay? Or do you cash out to a bank abroad and use its debit/credit card there? I have many options if I use my current residency, but I might lose them whey they notice I am not in the country anymore. Also I would prefer to avoid CRS reports to my local tax office.

Yes they do - general speaking Swissquote is the most affordable broker when it comes to brokers onboarding a bit more exotic jurisdictions.

Thanks! Do you think they would open an account for a foreign owned USA LLC? I just opened one in case I am completely unbanked in the coming months, as it may hard to open accounts as a paraguayan resident.

What is your plan for cashing out? Do you have a bank in Paraguay? Or do you cash out to a bank abroad and use its debit/credit card there? I have many options if I use my current residency, but I might lose them whey they notice I am not in the country anymore. Also I would prefer to avoid CRS reports to my local tax office.
Actually I’m Paraguayan, so I do have local accounts.. but maybe in the future I could think in cash out abroad.

Latest Threads