Hi Mark. Are there any providers you would recommend? I have begun talking with Chambers Law and with PKCY. They both seem professional, but they are not on the list above. They use an outsourced provider of Directors. I will need to find out who that is.I agree with the answers given to you so far but, prior to those questions, you should figure out whether Cyprus is the right jurisdiction for you.
What is your objective? Tax minimisation or anonimity or what?
I am a EU tax resident, and I set up a CY LTD back in 2013 and I am now quite skeptical on Cyprus. The only situation in which I think Cyprus has a value is if you are a resident of MENA/ Former Soviet Union and you are looking for a jurisdiction where it is somewhat easy to get residence permit.
- Tax- wise it is not great-not terrible (there are cheaper jurisdictions even within the EU)
- Bank-wise, I would never hold more than 100k in Cyprus. The banking system is hiding huge amounts of bad debts under the carpet, FBME has gone belly up, Bank of Cyprus is basically a Ministry disguised as a bank. Greek banks are generally big question marks...
- Cost-wise it is more expensive than others
- Professional-wise it is quite a disaster (consultants, banks etc. generally unprofessional)
- they communicate with all EU tax authorities, so if you are European, anonimity is non-existant