Our valued sponsor

How to securely communicate by voice to avoid someone to listen?

maxmoney

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
What system or phone is used today for communicating with each other if one wants to avoid someone or something listening in on the conversation?

If I google it the following methods pull up where some of them I know are insecure!
  • Signal
  • WhatsApp
  • Telegram
  • Wire
  • Threema
Is the old 'burner' phone with a prepaid card still the most secure? It just doesn't work so well if person A is in France and person B in the USA and they are long conversations?

First you might want to make sure your phone itself does not listen to your conversation, which mean getting rid of google or apple. This does not come as an easy step, especially as most app are reliable on push notification from google (or whatever it is with apple). Graphene OS is what you are looking for here.

Then signal is open source and probably trustworthy. Whatsapp is owned by Meta, so out of principle better avoid. Telegram seems good too, even though last time I checked it was not completely open source.

Telegram and Whatsapp both sell your data - they are out of question.

I would like to avoid a smartphone, they are insecure, so what you want to hide from X can you just tell X it would be the same.

So signal is left as the only one? @JohnnyDoe @Sols you don't have suggestions do you ?

Latest Threads