Our valued sponsor

Is anything else needed for US LLC with no income, apart from 1120/5472.

As a non US resident and non US citizen, I created a US LLC (single member disregarded entity) in 2023 in optimism for running a specific type of business then realized the tax complexities and decided it wasn't worth going that path. So it was opened and closed in 2023 with zero income and expenses aside from paying lawyer/accountant to create it and close it.

My limited understanding suggests that because there was no income, I do not need to file a "nothing" personal tax return. (As in I don't need to do the 1040-NR). But now I find myself thinking "I'd better just make sure that is correct". I am going to contact an accountant, but I wanted to check what the knowledge about this is here.

Is it correct that someone who creates a disregarded foreign owned US LLC doesn't need to do any other tax forms if there was no income for that entity?

As a non US resident and non US citizen, I created a US LLC (single member disregarded entity) in 2023 in optimism for running a specific type of business then realized the tax complexities and decided it wasn't worth going that path. So it was opened and closed in 2023 with zero income and expenses aside from paying lawyer/accountant to create it and close it.

My limited understanding suggests that because there was no income, I do not need to file a "nothing" personal tax return. (As in I don't need to do the 1040-NR). But now I find myself thinking "I'd better just make sure that is correct". I am going to contact an accountant, but I wanted to check what the knowledge about this is here.

Is it correct that someone who creates a disregarded foreign owned US LLC doesn't need to do any other tax forms if there was no income for that entity?
no, you most likely paid for the llc fees with personal funds. If so you need file.
but its no biggie, your agent should be able to do it and you just sign.

I am curious if there is any nuance to the "paid for the llc fees with personal funds," I mean, what else would they be? (But yes, they were paid with my personal credit card and declared on the 1120proforma/5472)

On the "its no biggie" to do it, the trouble I have where I am staying right now, is that there are apparently no places where I can get my passport verified to get the ITIN number if I had to do the 1040-NR.