Our valued sponsor

IS CZECH The Best place to take residence?

shizui04421

Jan 27, 2023
french
Visit site
Hello,

I have an offshore company in hong kong,

I am considering to take a secondary residence in a "tax heaven" jurisdiction,

I am considering to take it on Czech republic because it doesn't look hard to take and expensive,

And since i want to stay closer to Europe i think this is the best place,

What would you guys suggest me ?

It's a nice place.

I wouldn't call it a tax haven, though. 19% corporate income tax, and personal income taxes that start at 15% and go to 23% after around 80,000 EUR. Certain foreign capital gains can be taxed at 15% flat.

So depending on how it's structured, your Hong Kong company could become tax resident in Czechia and have to pay the 19% corporate income tax and then you pay 15-23% income tax on what you pay yourself. If you aren't involved in running the company's day to day operations, it's possible you could avoid company tax residence in Czechia. In that case, you'd be looking at 15% flat tax rate for your own dividends.

Reactions: troubled soul
Hello,

I have an offshore company in hong kong,

I am considering to take a secondary residence in a "tax heaven" jurisdiction,

I am considering to take it on Czech republic because it doesn't look hard to take and expensive,

And since i want to stay closer to Europe i think this is the best place,

What would you guys suggest me ?
@Sols has it right
it's far from being a tax heaven but it's way less than western standard and for certain cases taxation (including mandatory health/social insurance) is low
banking, incorporation and AML enforcement is still very relaxed and cheap (nevertheless the trend is the same as everywhere)
if you don't mind the weather it's a great place to live (at least for now)

Greece could be a better option: 5% taxation on dividends (the lowest in EU) but you have to be aware of CFC rules (50%+ ownership of HK company & paid CIT by HK company is less than 50% of GR CIT & 30%+ of HK income is passive income)

Dividend_2023.png

Reactions: Marie Manila