Our valued sponsor

Jurisdictions most suitable for asset protection (from both govs and creditors)

And that is the biggest “problem” of the industry and why I personally changed my approach to having a team around you that assists in setting up a structure.

A team consists at minimum out of fiscal accountants from the jurisdictions involved.

Plus, most important, always, always, always have three proposals or plans. If two are mostly in the same direction then that is likely to be a workable solution. Hi at never bet on “one horse”.

Most providers use “their” one hit wonder which in reality can be a good solution if you fit in their criteria. If however something is not fitting for you then such an approach might not work and even cost more in the long run.

Also, if you can’t afford the consulting, consider seriously on whether offshoring is for you. And if you are truly a HNWI then you also know that consulting fees are not even charged. These fees became unfortunately mainstream because of too many wannabe’s.
What do you consider to be the minimum cash flow and/or net worth to afford offshore structure?

just to understand if we are on the same line

I think i can help here.
Your replies start to suck my friend. Useless - why is @James Spader not removing such replies???

Countries I would recommend are Switzerland, Bahamas and Cyprus if you are good connected and have people there that know how to setup entities for the purpose of asset protection against lenders and creditors.

Also depending on what country you are a citizen of it may be that one country is better than the other. More details would be required to go into details.

Your replies start to suck my friend. Useless - why is @James Spader not removing such replies???

Countries I would recommend are Switzerland, Bahamas and Cyprus if you are good connected and have people there that know how to setup entities for the purpose of asset protection against lenders and creditors.

Also depending on what country you are a citizen of it may be that one country is better than the other. More details would be required to go into details.
I would NOT consider Cyprus if you are a European passport holder. I have seen them give in on multiple occasions to European jurisdictions.

Outside of europe it depends on the agreements and treaties in place.

I have seen them give in on multiple occasions to European jurisdictions.
True , but if you have the right professionals to help you there, I swear it is not a problem. I would never reveal who am I using nor shall it sound that I sell any service here, I don't! But from personal experience over the last 15 years I know what is possible, and for sure I have been close to get caught by my local tax authorities but they wasn't able to penetrate my network and gave up.

I think a Nevis company under a cook islands trust should work - sorry Uplana seems somehow half of what i wrote got deleted before posting.Please feel free to provide any better structures or comment in the structure proposed.

True , but if you have the right professionals to help you there, I swear it is not a problem. I would never reveal who am I using nor shall it sound that I sell any service here, I don't! But from personal experience over the last 15 years I know what is possible, and for sure I have been close to get caught by my local tax authorities but they wasn't able to penetrate my network and gave up.
The problem is that it is not the professionals but the governments. There is nothing that any professional can do at such a point.

Literally it means that governments are not following their own laws. And that makes that Cyprus has become irrelevant for European passport holders in asset protection cases.

No need to reveal professionals for that. They can’t solve such a crime committed by governments.

Dear folks,
was wondering what are the best jurisdictions or structures to move away to or relocate the assets to and avoid any seizures/confiscations/creditor attacks/etc

For example, a person from high tax country who runs a business is found or is to be found with tax irregularities which if fined will bankrupt the business. On top of that there might be creditors involved
So where to move all the liquid assets? (I assume all non-liquid assets in the home jurisdiction are to be liquidated in a fire sale since exposed to seizure, and thus concentrate only on liquid assets)
I.e. jurisdictions which when you move there don't give a f* about what you did somewhere else and maybe only prosecute misdemeanor in their own jurisdiction; or however jurisdictions that do cooperate internationally but only in big ticket disputes (organized crime worth many millions, terrorism...)
I guess some African countries are all like that, but is there anything more reputable and where you can be deemed 'unreachable'? Does it depend also on nationality?

For simple loan-repayment avoidance this mostly works as a charm for small to medium unsecured loans since once you move away the recovery agencies rarely go after you abroad. Not sure abt govs?
If it's as bad as you wrote, you'd be extradited anyway, so asset retention is pointless on paper because they'd get it out of you to give you a carrot during sentencing.

Latest Threads