Our valued sponsor

Looking for real estate

I’ve been searching for this for a few years now… probably it doesn’t exist, anyway here are the requirements:

- tax free country
- country/island with fresh water available
- nice vegetation
- calm sea
- beach
- min. 10 acres
- no close neighbors
- ideally (not necessarily) a peninsula

If someone finds it I will pay a commission.
Uruguay can be a good set up for you.

I'm looking for something similar - aren't we all? I was in the Maldives some time ago, thinking why can't I live like this? Green and by the sea. I don't need a lot of space though.
So far, I haven't found anything better than Abu Dhabi. It's much nicer than Dubai. Good healthcare, relatively green, good flight connections. I think the only true alternative is splitting time between different countries. Abu Dhabi in winter, maybe different European countries in summer. Or maybe spending some time in Brazil, Mexico or Southeast Asia as well... But I don't like those countries that much and I'd like to be closer to Europe.

Thailand (Trang Archipelagos
Ko Tarutao is nice and remote. Ko Panghan for more of a social scene. $6/h foot massages are a good perk of living there.

I don't think you can beat the Bahamas in terms of "overpriceness". I mean everything that is connected to the US is overpriced (real estate, restaurants, hotels, services and even flights). I have never been to the Bahamas but I am sure most restaurants require you to tip in the Bahamas, like they do in Yucatan and any other places where US travellers / expats / citizens go to travel/reside in.

Also Johnny I would consider a place with a decent healthcare system, at least somewhere with decent private clinics for wealthy individuals as some of the countries mentioned in this thread literally have NOTHING (eg Madagascar where they would fly you to La Reunion if you have anything more serious than the flu for example) :)

By the way I am sure that La Reunion would be the perfect place for you but tax and the difficulties to get multi acre land would be two obvious no gos.
2 words. shark infested

Last edited:
how about Sri Lanka?
anyone one here to report about current economical and social/political situation?
Living here since 2 years.
Company Incorperated.
Residency Visa.
Bank Account.

There are also ways to have 100% foreign owned LTDs.

The economical state is weird. 100% Import tax on basically everything.
Rent for EU standard apartment is I would say 75% cost of Europe.

It’s a who knows who country, so if you know someone who knows someone it’s the perfect country.

6% income Tax if you do it right ;)

What issues does Thailand have that you can’t have a tranquil life because of? Vanuatu might fit the bill.
Never had issues in a decade plus (Ref Thai)

Vanuatu might fit the bill.
nice but far.

Living here since 2 years.
Company Incorperated.
Residency Visa.
Bank Account.

There are also ways to have 100% foreign owned LTDs.

The economical state is weird. 100% Import tax on basically everything.
Rent for EU standard apartment is I would say 75% cost of Europe.

It’s a who knows who country, so if you know someone who knows someone it’s the perfect country.

6% income Tax if you do it right ;)
Always surprised how big the place is.

Wouldn't mind checking it out for a long-term hub.

Where in Switzerland can you find 10 acres to buy? And Monaco?
Good luck in Switzerland lol - I had to get approved when I bought there a long time ago and they have restrictions on the amount of non Swiss owned properties - land is more controlled and in addition things have gotten harder since covid due to protectionism rising - see current immigration 10m vote coming through.

Example my lawyer advised me NOT to sell my property to buy another in Grindelwald because it would be unlikely that I would be approved since Brexit.

As for Monaco - you need to consider something - Monaco is full of old wealthy people - they are dying off (Europeans) - the demographics of Europe as a whole will dictate the future of Monaco, Europeans didn’t have kids because they enjoyed life / see this in my own circle of friends in their 60s plus range.

On a larger scale for an idea look at Japan where you can now buy a house with five acres for about 5-15000$

Even Thailand will have this issue outside of tourist demand centers and we are seeing it directly - wife was recently offered 62 rai for 2.1m THB in the south (title just below full chanute). Because the kids are all moving to bangkok and don’t want to do agriculture and likewise no youth are entering the back breaking industries of old, or most Thais our age group are having no kids or just one.

We ofcourse are sporting a football team

Last edited: