Our valued sponsor

Looking to start an IBC for an online business running in Australia

mrpmz

Offshore Agent
May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, i have been reading the forums here for a while now but i've just joined and have a question which i have been searching around for on this forum. Figured it would be best to ask my own question to get answers most appropriate to my situation.

So i am having an online website developed which would be ready in about 1 month, the website will be a service type website where users can buy and sell services and products online. Of course in the beginning i will have very little income but i am expecting bigger results as i promote my website.

I live in Australia, and am looking for an IBC or someway to avoid or reduce tax legally. What are your suggestions on a course of action as i am very new to this so any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Peter

So as I understand you will need a way to accept credit card payments on your website as well, please confirm?

The best would be to incorporate a offshore company for instant in the Seychelles or Belize or similar jurisdictions which don't have any TIEA with your country (The Seychelles don't have such) then you could simply make it a holding company for your local company (please look for additional advise from a local tax advisor or attorney) so you can invoice the local company from the offshore company! <- it's a very simple explanation since I would like to avoid going into details here on a public forum I would suggest you to submit a ticket requesting additional information on this particular topic or see what other comments here will be posted.

If the above is done correctly and you make sure to have the legal agreements formed correctly between the 2 companies then it is not difficult to avoid to pay corporate tax like the many fortune 500 company's do.

Last edited:
Good alternative would be to simply pay the tax in Australia until you know how much money you want to avoid paying tax from, once you know, then go ahead and structure everything offshore. Unless you have the budget to construct a perfectly anonymous offshore company structure now then I would do it that way.

i think i should stick to paying the taxes in Australia until i start earning a reasonable income to structure everything offshore.
I would recommend you the same for questionable income of a new business, check out how much money you are going to do and if enough then reconsider your options.

I just read that it can be of benefit to have this all structured before you start doing any business because it is easier to move your money and assets away from the very beginning and do internal invoicing as well without to get the attention from any authorty. I will find the website and post here I can't remember where I read it.

Let me see if I can help a little here :D

It may be better to incorporate an offshore company before you start your business for one or more of the following reasons:

a) You want to avoid paying tax once you have grown your business and have started to make a substantial amount of money. Doing so would require you to have a holding company to own the trading company, so that the dividend can be moved between the two entities without any tax complications. If, for instance, the holding company is not in place before the trading company makes money, but is set up later on, once the trading company has made some sort of profit, there will be tax involved. This means that most tax authorities will want you to pay tax for “shares” sold to the holding company because the net worth of the trading company is more than before it made profits. In many cases, this can involve a ridiculously high amount having to be paid.

b) You don’t know if you will make any profit right now, so you don’t want to spend money on any sort of advanced offshore structure at this time. It’s usually a wise decision not to spend any money before you make any profit, at least for most parts of a business – but not in this instance! Why? Because of the scenario in point a) above, and because it is far easier to start doing business from an offshore company and then only “take home the money” you need to live on. Doing it that way, no-one will ask any questions –*which would not be the case if you took the opposite approach. You’d be 100% correct to say that if something were to go wrong, and you did not made any money at all, then only expenses would be left; but that’s part of the game of starting a business.

c) Let’s say you are lucky, and get a good portion of profit in the local trading company, which is taxed at your local corporate tax rate; and once you figure out that you are making a profit, and you want to move this all offshore. At that point, what do you say to the tax authorities? You could tell them that you closed the business because it was proving difficult to make money; or you could say that you closed the company because there was too much work to do. That’s fine; at first, I suppose they would believe you. But how, then, do you explain how you are still able to drive the same car, and live in that big house, or spend all the money you get through in any other way? That’s where most people walk into the trap: they can’t simply fail to explain all that.

I would say that any entrepreneur needs to have the will to believe in hard work, and the entire business they’re starting; but, with that said, it is difficult to offer any advice about what will be the best approach. Only the entrepreneur can know what he or she feels about the business: will there be huge money to be made, or only enough for day-to-day living?

As discussed a little forth and back in this thread then I suggest to have your offshore company structure in place before you start your business. If you believe in your new business venture you should do it otherwise don't.

Latest Threads