DLS Dubai - Company Formation & Bank Account
Turner Little - Company Formation Agents
UK Ltd with emi bank account
Offshore Bank Accounts

Low tax, low cost with good freedom setup: Romania vs Bulgaria is the final match?

CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.
Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more

freegeek

as far as I understood from discussions with tax lawyers: rent contract and utility bills serve as proof that you are in the country. Ideally you have also regular withdrawals from a bank account (you could even ask someone to do those for you). Hence if nothing else points at you being somewhere else, that should suffice.
If I am moving to Romania,in addition to rent contract, utility bills, etc , if you are a single guy, it should be pretty easy to find a Romanian chick, give her a prepaid visa on your name and ask her to pay for her daily frappuccino with the card. Basically get receipts from every day life.

JustAnotherNomad

Mentor Group Gold
If I am moving to Romania,in addition to rent contract, utility bills, etc , if you are a single guy, it should be pretty easy to find a Romanian chick, give her a prepaid visa on your name and ask her to pay for her daily frappuccino with the card. Basically get receipts from every day life.

"Oh, you only pay $5 a day with your card? What about your other expenses? Can you please show us your bank statement as well, where the credit card transactions are deducted?"

freegeek

"Oh, you only pay $5 a day with your card? What about your other expenses? Can you please show us your bank statement as well, where the credit card transactions are deducted?"
the whole "the-tax-man-will-find you" is way overblown and I speak from experience. Yes, if you are stupid and keep property, wife and kids, a gym membership, your mobile phone, etc in your home country then you are low hanging fruit and they will catch you. If you do it properly and keep it sensible (and you don't even have to adhere to the 183+) rule then risk is very low. This is my experience as a citizen from a high-tax country.

ilpablo

the whole "the-tax-man-will-find you" is way overblown and I speak from experience. Yes, if you are stupid and keep property, wife and kids, a gym membership, your mobile phone, etc in your home country then you are low hanging fruit and they will catch you. If you do it properly and keep it sensible (and you don't even have to adhere to the 183+) rule then risk is very low. This is my experience as a citizen from a high-tax country.
In your opinion if you just move to Romania, setup your company and get your residency, then you move somewhere else with the digital nomad visa, you will be fine with your own country? (Proving that you were abroad without renting a place in Romania, or you still need that rent?)

freegeek

In your opinion if you just move to Romania, setup your company and get your residency, then you move somewhere else with the digital nomad visa, you will be fine with your own country? (Proving that you were abroad without renting a place in Romania, or you still need that rent?)
depends of the country you are leaving but in general substance is key. You will need a place anyway to register the Romanian company. Having a rental agreement, utility bills, etc goes a long way for proving substance. Like I said, keep it sensible. I have my company for 13 years and for periods up to 18 months I was not in my home country and technically my taxes should have been paid in the country I was really staying and working. The country where you pay your taxes usually does not care where you are because they get their money anyways and if you are staying under the radar in the destination country nobody knows. This is especially true if you stay within EU and even better Schengen. I have Romanian friends working in my field (IT consultancy) who have been doing this for 10+ years (Romanian company + tax residency) but working and basically living in Western-Europe without any issue.

Offshore Bank Accounts
DLS Dubai Company Formation and banking solution
Offshore Bank Accounts
banner-768x909d6f12840c2c058f.gif