Our valued sponsor

? May I buy a thread?

I'm new here.
Been looking around.
Lots of interesting topics.

On another forum I follow, advertisers can buy a thread.
Their ad appears on that thread and the advertiser is moderator for that thread.
The thread "owner" can delete off-topic posts, drunk posts, snide and nasty posts, and all the stupid posts (if he wants to).
Some of the best discussions are that way.
Every post is on topic.
Every post is worth reading.

I don't have anything to advertise, but I have several topics that are too "delicate" to release "in the wild".
The discussion would degenerate quickly into silly comments.
I'd pay my own money to moderate a "curated" thread.

The topics are all on-topic to "off shore" and legal.
Nothing "dark".
Nothing you could not post "in the open", but would be much more carefully moderated.

Here are some of the topics I'm thinking about.
I won't discuss any of these topics here.
They are merely examples:

- Services that don't call themselves banks and don't look like banks, but still hold funds in a safe manner, and disperse funds on demand. (I've used several such services in several countries, with always good service.)

- Moving assets as tangible things instead of as funds which require wires or transfer services. (One example: buy a boat with money in Hong Kong. Pay a crew to sail it to Phuket, Sell the boat there and get the money there. NOT a good idea in today's economy, but explains the concept without revealing other possibilities.)

- Emails that never travel on the public Internet, so they cannot be intercepted by nosy governments or by private hackers, and are not subject to "traffic analysis" even if the message is encrypted.

- "Burner" emails with new and different email addresses every day, but managed from a single mail box. (I use this more and more. If any email address falls into the wrong hands for any reason, I just make that email address disappear.)

There are more aspects to this, but this post is a start.

Anything not clear?
Just tell me and I'll explain more.

Again, the purpose is to make discussion of delicate topics neat and orderly.
In future, perhaps move into a private discussion room here. I don't know yet.

So, are paid threads possible on this forum?
Or not?

- Frank in Bangkok

Last edited:
I'm new here.
Been looking around.
Lots of interesting topics.

On another forum I follow, advertisers can buy a thread.
Their ad appears on that thread and the advertiser is moderator for that thread.
The thread "owner" can delete off-topic posts, drunk posts, snide and nasty posts, and all the stupid posts (if he wants to).
Some of the best discussions are that way.
Every post is on topic.
Every post is worth reading.

I don't have anything to advertise, but I have several topics that are too "delicate" to release "in the wild".
The discussion would degenerate quickly into silly comments.
I'd pay my own money to moderate a "curated" thread.

The topics are all on-topic to "off shore" and legal.
Nothing "dark".
Nothing you could not post "in the open", but would be much more carefully moderated.

Here are some of the topics I'm thinking about.
I won't discuss any of these topics here.
They are merely examples:

- Services that don't call themselves banks and don't look like banks, but still hold funds in a safe manner, and disperse funds on demand. (I've used several such services in several countries, with always good service.)

- Moving assets as tangible things instead of as funds which require wires or transfer services. (One example: buy a boat with money in Hong Kong. Pay a crew to sail it to Phuket, Sell the boat there and get the money there. NOT a good idea in today's economy, but explains the concept without revealing other possibilities.)

- Emails that never travel on the public Internet, so they cannot be intercepted by nosy governments or by private hackers, and are not subject to "traffic analysis" even if the message is encrypted.

- "Burner" emails with new and different email addresses every day, but managed from a single mail box. (I use this more and more. If any email address falls into the wrong hands for any reason, I just make that email address disappear.)

There are more aspects to this, but this post is a start.

Anything not clear?
Just tell me and I'll explain more.

Again, the purpose is to make discussion of delicate topics neat and orderly.
In future, perhaps move into a private discussion room here. I don't know yet.

So, are paid threads possible on this forum?
Or not?

- Frank in Bangkok
You mean something like the Mentor Group gold? Otherwise, you can pay for an advertisement thread.
Protonmail / SimpleLogin :)
If such emails never travel on the public internet, then you cannot email anyone. Mails do not get intercepted by "private hackers" and the way email works, unfortunately almost always your email is not end-to-end encrypted unless the sender uses some text encryption scheme like PGP etc. So I'm not quite sure what you mean by this unless you mean something different than the standard SMTP email

gray area / dark stuff is not promoted by OCT but if you wish to look at mostly historic threads or if you're lucky you might find an active vendor in the hidden forums (mentor group) for that kinda stuff.

You mean something like the Mentor Group gold? Otherwise, you can pay for an advertisement thread.

Protonmail / SimpleLogin :)

If such emails never travel on the public internet, then you cannot email anyone. Mails do not get intercepted by "private hackers" and the way email works, unfortunately almost always your email is not end-to-end encrypted unless the sender uses some text encryption scheme like PGP etc. So I'm not quite sure what you mean by this unless you mean something different than the standard SMTP email

gray area / dark stuff is not promoted by OCT but if you wish to look at mostly historic threads or if you're lucky you might find an active vendor in the hidden forums (mentor group) for that kinda stuff.

Thank you, KDX, for a vivid example of the kind of post I would delete.

Since you don't want to advertise, the closest you'll get is the Mentor Group, where threads tend to be fewer but of higher quality.

Aside from that, we try to work against off-topic posts that derail thread, either deleting off-topic posts or splitting them into separate threads (if they seem like substantial discussions).
The target is over there ...
You are welcome to try again.

I don't understand.
I know, but I do appreciate your trying.

• Haha
Reactions: KDX
People should be free to write whatever they want and to not read whatever they don’t like.
Yes, indeed, they should.

But that misses the point.
My original post did ask any for discussion of human rights.
It asked if I can buy a thread.

This thread, so far, is a perfect example why I made the original post.
If I were moderating this thread (which I am not) all of the replies so far would be deleted as irrelevant.
No explanations (like this), just deleted without further comment.

I still hope to receive an appropriate and relevant answer.

If I were moderating this thread (which I am not) all of the replies so far would be deleted as irrelevant.

I am so, so sorry to be making another off-topic reply. I added RELEVANT information to the discussion about your topics. I was also interested in some of the things you were saying, that is why I replied. I don't see an issue in me replying to your post about some of the things you said (why else would you talk about them?), especially when a moderator here has given you an answer to your main concern. If you want to advertise such services, you most certainly can do so.

Thank you for your interest, I have send you a PM!

If someone has any inquiries you may use the contact form to get direct answers.

Latest Threads