Our valued sponsor

Question Newly Formed Non Resident UK LLP Form SA401 and SA402

terminator5505

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
Hello

I'm not resident of UK or EU and I've newly formed a two membered UK LLP as non resident with me as a member and a single member US LLC as the other designated member.
After one week of forming the LLP I've received a letter from HRMC on the registered address asking me to complete form SA401 and SA402 or there will be penalty.
At the end of the letter it is stated that I don't need to file a Tax return If I am not resident and have no UK presence which is true in my situation.

My question is:
Should I ignore this letter as both designated members of the LLP are non UK with no UK presence?
Is there a way to inform HRMC online of my situation or by FAX?

The company has no UK presence or connected income.
Thank you

You should complete those forms if they ask you to.
Also keep in mind that you still have to file accounts with companies house, even if you have no UK income and don't need to file with hmrc.
Yes, I know the annual filling of the companies house, I think it can be easily done through the formation company I used to originally form the LLP.
I have other question please.
Can these forms be sent to HMRC by fax or they only accept Royal mail?
The company was formed this March, what should be the deadline to do that?
At the end of the letter that I have received, there is instructions to send a written request If I believe my LLP doesn't need a Tax return, should this request be normal signed request letter or there is a proper government form for that?

Thank you very much

Yes, I know the annual filling of the companies house, I think it can be easily done through the formation company I used to originally form the LLP.
I have other question please.
Can these forms be sent to HMRC by fax or they only accept Royal mail?
The company was formed this March, what should be the deadline to do that?
At the end of the letter that I have received, there is instructions to send a written request If I believe my LLP doesn't need a Tax return, should this request be normal signed request letter or there is a proper government form for that?

Thank you very much
Not just the annual return, but the annual accounts. Only balance sheet required if you are a small company.

Reactions: terminator5505