Our valued sponsor

Offshore formation without the middlemen and agencies

You will need to speak and write their language and most often it will require a lawyer and certified accountant in order to register the company!

Sure, you can file the paperwork directly with the registry in most jurisdictions. You can find the information you need online.

However, it's a lot easier with a service provider, especially since you have to provide a local address as the registered address.
Okay, but do you know what jurisdiction if responsible for registration exactly? I’d like to contact them directly

It's pretty much a worldwide standard that anyone can go to the company registrar and register a company, provided you have the right documents and pay the fees. Notable exceptions include IBC jurisdictions and a few similar jurisdictions.

But in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, practically all of Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, and so and so forth, it's what people often do.

It's just not practically feasible unless you're a resident of that country. That's why people go to service providers, who can help out with the local requirements.

In my opinion trying to incorporate a company directly with the registrar as a member of the public would be a mistake. We are obviously incorporation agents but it is not simply about the registering of a company with the registrar. It is about the quality of documentation produced as part of the formation process, often which the registrar will have no involvement with whatsoever. Not producing certain documents, or producing them badly will invariably impact on the company at some point, whether that is opening a bank account, entering a contract etc. If the documents are of a poor standard or none existent then you will not be able to use the company to its full extent.

Hey, does anyone know if there’s a way to avoid paying to an agent and try to form an offshore on your own, contacting directly the organization that registers offshore companies? I am mostly interested in Scotland, but it might be useful if you know about any other country. Thanks! :)
I understand where you are coming from but you need someone locally to help you to register and setup the company. It seems to be a straight forward process for instant in the UK but it's not if you don't live there.

Reactions: James Turner

Latest Threads