Our valued sponsor

Opening PayPal account for US LLC using a US resident Help

Novice

Nov 1, 2020
Visit site
So, I've registered a US LLC in delaware and I got the EIN today.

I've read that PayPal needs to contact someone in the US to keep an account open and running. Does that mean I can use a relative or a friend who lives in the US to create the company PayPal account?

What are the chances this account might get closed? He's not an LLC member/employee or anything, how the IRS would view him or does he have to report anything when doing his taxes? (he'll use the LLC EIN when registering the account).

I've read that PayPal needs to contact someone in the US to keep an account open and running. Does that mean I can use a relative or a friend who lives in the US to create the company PayPal account?

What are the chances this account might get closed?
yes that would work, but depends on what you run through the account. You could also setup the account in your name if you get a valid US bank account and mobile phone number.

yes that would work, but depends on what you run through the account. You could also setup the account in your name if you get a valid US bank account and mobile phone number.
That might not last for long.
The one I suggested would actually remain working as people said elsewhere. But the second most likely won't last long.

Unless I don't really understand what do you mean by valid US Bank. Fintech not considered valid?

What are the chances this account might get closed? He's not an LLC member/employee or anything, how the IRS would view him or does he have to report anything when doing his taxes? (he'll use the LLC EIN when registering the account).

That's a bit risky in that regard. PayPal has always been very heavy-handed when it comes to closing accounts, I'd recommend making an arrangement with them that they become a member even if that holds no rights for them in the event PayPal does get picky with you.

Latest Threads