Our valued sponsor

Opinion on offshore account with Lloyds IOM

scorona884

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
Hello, well after my previous terrible experience with HSBC Expat I’m going to open a different offshore account and I was hoping some of you, who are more experienced than me on this, can help me with a question. I’ve found the Lloyds international premiere account (in EUR) on the Isle of Man. If you search online you can find old posts from 2009 (so during the financial crisis) telling people not to bank on the Isle of Man. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any experience with Lloyds there? Are they any good? So far they’ve been super fast at responding - unlike HSBC. Thank you!!

it's a decent option. depends on your use. what do you want the bank to do? if you're after EUR wires, i'd personally rather use a bank in SEPA EU. if you're UK resident they'll open your account rather easily.

They are a good bank, I was close to get a bank account with them as an foreigner some years ago but never managed to get the account opened, as I remember it was my own fault.

If I would be in your place I would open the account and over the next year start slowly with them and lift the amounts a little bit every month or 2.