Our valued sponsor

Payment gateway/processor accepting large sum per purchase webshop.

cryptronic

Jan 4, 2022
SE
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Im a webshop developer and have run in to an issue with one of my clients.
The problem is that my client sells very expensive large truck parts but every payment i usually use or know of either declines high sum purchases or triggers otp and then decline.
Im sure about this being an issue with them because he have had clients that would call their bank to authorize the high sum purchase but still gets declined when trying to pay.

does anyone know of a provider that does not have a upper limit on purchase sums that can help us out?

As far as I know in these cases Credit Card payments won't work. Most business with that amount of money take their money in Wire Transfer or ECheck.

Better to setup Invoices with instructions so people follow them to pay succesfully and you manually mark them as paid.

Hopefully someone will answer with a better solution.

Do you use creditcard-processing now?
Well the CC-processor/Merchant-Account-provider has no influence about the bank of the buyer-side. So changeing the processor does not change your situation. The main reason why large sums could cause problems is the higher risk of losses when a scam-transaction happens. In this case the bank of the customer has to pay, which obviously nobody wants.

I don't know in which country your customer operates but direct bank transactions would be the best solution for him.

Here are some country specific transaction-methods:
USA/Canada
- eCheck or paper checks
- ACH also known as Pay-bill or Online Payments/Transfers (these are usually used to pay bills/fines issued by the county, city, state or water/electricity provider)

Europe
- SEPA Transfer (Fee free transactions between European bank accounts)

Latest Threads