Our valued sponsor

Personal tax numbers

walako

Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
I have a confusion with multiple tax numbers. Maybe someone can clarify how usually people tackle such situations.
I got the following three tax numbers:
1. Tax number (TIN) from my country of origin,
2. also received Portuguese NIF,
3. and Spanish NIE.

Now I have an entity registered with my Portuguese NIF in Portugal, and an entity with my Spanish NIE in Spain.
Also, I have a responsibility to report my CFE (controlled foreign entity) to the country of my origin, where I apparently report my CFE registered under my initial TIN.

Although I do not understand if I should report other my entities registered with my Portuguese NIF or Spanish NIE to the country of my origin. I assume that country of my origin may never know if I register anything with different Tax numbers, although EU is quete transparent.

Also, if I register an entity in OAE with Portuguese NIF or Spanish NIE, I assume I will have no obligation to report as CFE to the country of my origin, but to Spain either Portugal, depending which tax number I mention to them.

How do you call a tax lawyer, who would help to do smooth transition between these countries, since there is a collusion?

Normally you need to file tax declarations in you country of residence. That's where you need to report things. You will need to report salary, ownership of the company and dividends received. US guys also enjoy reporting the to US annually.

I do not know what those entities are. But companies normally have their own number.

Of course, you also need to file tax declarations for each company in each country that they are managed from.

I am not sure why your country of origin wants something, you better check with them as I do not know which country it is.

@daniels27
Thank you for responding, yeah, I understand and do report :rolleyes: and I know that legal enteties have its own tax registration, it is another thing.

Although, I assume if I have a Portuguese NIF number and have a Portuguese company registered with it, I am not supposed to report it to country of my origin. I mean a legal obligation still exists, but there is almost no way country of origin can find out about my Portuguese company since it is registered without their TIN number.

Also, another example, if I register entity in the OAE as a Portuguese resident with Portuguese NIF number, I assume I have only report it to Portugal.

@daniels27
Thank you for responding, yeah, I understand and do report :rolleyes: and I know that legal enteties have its own tax registration, it is another thing.

Although, I assume if I have a Portuguese NIF number and have a Portuguese company registered with it, I am not supposed to report it to country of my origin. I mean a legal obligation still exists, but there is almost no way country of origin can find out about my Portuguese company since it is registered without their TIN number.

Also, another example, if I register entity in the OAE as a Portuguese resident with Portuguese NIF number, I assume I have only report it to Portugal.
Normally, they only report to where you tell them to report. They may report to your citizenship country even if you do not give them a number, just with the name etc. But this is not the norm.

Latest Threads